• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Winter Conference and retreat, Feb 14-16, 2020

@Edward we are looking at the end of July but it could change so not wanting to post until confirmed. I will message you privately.

@Patricia C , lol, the date has been set! It is in the title of this thread. Feb. 15-17, 2020.
Hello there Julieb!

I haven't been here in quite a while, so it's nice to be able to reconnect again. Since we're on the topic of retreats, I'm wondering if there is still a retreat in the works for the middle of this July in Tennessee? I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to be posting this question, however it's been a while since I've been here, and I'm not remembering how to share a new post/question. I had received my email Biblical Families News Letter, and that is where I had read about the possibility of a mid July Summer Retreat in Tennessee. At that time, there wasn't any exact location or dates figured out yet. My DH (dear husband) and I love Tennessee and are hoping to be able to make it there, if Tennessee is still on the retreat agenda. Our 24th wedding anniversary will be on July 12th this summer, and we thought the retreat could make for an interesting and fun celebration of our anniversary. Thanks in advance for any updates regarding this matter that can be shared. Take care and God bless!

Hi @Faithful Servant! So nice to hear from you. Sorry, we are still finalizing things for this summer but most likely it will be in TN. I hope to have a firm decision made soon. It would be great to meet you and your DH in person. I hope it works out for you to attend. Blessings!

I want to ask my husband about attending the next retreat, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens at the retreats so I can let him know what to expect.

Mostly a lot of fellowship, (but no where near enough in the brief time we have to visit). Some getting to know each other sessions, praise and worship, etc. Fun times. It is family safe, and we intend to keep it that way.

What its not: a very good opportunity to find a potential. If it happens, good and well, but the odds are long because the vast majority of people who come are families who are wanting to fellowship. A single lady has a good chance to meet solid families in a non commital environment, though she will no doubt be overwhelmed by interested parties and there’s still no guarantee that she will be a fit for the families present.
Its also not a good opportunity to filch wives, lol, though I’ve heard that a rare few have attempted it before my time.

Its really amazing how warm and welcoming everyone is. By the time everyone leaves, its like you’ve gained and put faces to an extension of your family. Just my 2 cents.

I want to ask my husband about attending the next retreat, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens at the retreats so I can let him know what to expect.
It's also a rare opportunity to speak relatively freely about a set of issues that generally receive a mixture of condemnation and ridicule when one speaks about them in mainstream culture. The degree to which that is freeing is hard to overestimate. I also find something that someone far wiser than I articulated at a past retreat is generally in play: the extent to which learning about the Biblical righteousness operates as something like a 'gateway drug' into discovering the myriad of ways in which we have been misled about church authorities about Biblical truth. If interested, at retreats one can always find someone who has researched things enough to inspire truly awesome discussions about a whole host of enlightening takes on Scripture.

The other descriptions have been good. Basically it is just a Christian family retreat with lots of worship and fellowship. It is also a reunion of sorts for people who only talk online or meet at retreats. If you like the forums you will love the retreats.

Friday night is often a meet and greet. Usually form a circle and everyone briefly introduces themselves so that everyone can know everyone else. Saturday mornings are often some preaching and/or growth exercises. The afternoon is often a break out session with men getting together to talk men's issues, and the ladies breaking off to talk specific topics of interest to the ladies. The evening has more preaching, teaching and/or worship and prayer. Sunday there is usually a morning worship service. Throughout it all we usually share meals together.

I say usually, because no two retreats are exactly the same, but they are always a blessing, and it is highly recommended that you attend one if you can.

Thanks everyone for the great info. Sorry for delayed response, it's been a busy phase of life and have not had much time for logging on. I'm really hoping we can make the TN retreat in the summer.

Thanks everyone for the great info. Sorry for delayed response, it's been a busy phase of life and have not had much time for logging on. I'm really hoping we can make the TN retreat in the summer.
I hope so! We are going to do all we can to make it as well...

I hope all the insanity with Corona virus blows over by then.
People sure stampede easy!

We really enjoyed the 2019 retreat and will make any retreats we can. Summer is our busy season, but we pulled it off last year.

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise we'll be there. :)

Back