• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Winter Conference and retreat, Feb 14-16, 2020

Start Friday and finish Sunday is best for us. I am planning to work on Monday.

Start Friday is great

Thanks! Upon further reflection, and due to recent change in circumstances, I don't believe we will make this particular trip. We will wait until the next one that is in our vicinity. Have fun!

It looks like Austin to Baltimore (which is even closer) is only $234 round trip.

We'll just go to the next one.

What time would you start Friday? we're a maybe we're not sure yet.

So this is as much notice (6 months!) as you will ever get for a Biblical Families retreat. Giving you northerners no excuse - unless there's a blizzard that weekend... Us southerners will just have to grin and bear it - because we're going to the beautiful countryside of Maryland or southern Pennsylvania. Close enough to use DC airports, but far enough to be out of the 'swamp'. Maybe not so beautiful in Feb, but that's OK, because we'll stay and enjoy fellowship in our hotel - as well as some great speaking: Clyde Pilkington, author of "The Great Ommission", should be joining us and sharing, and their may be some others as well.

I know we don't get to the north so often, so I'm hoping planning this far ahead will give everyone a chance to make their plans, and we'll meet a bunch of new folks from the north-east.

See you then! Watch for details over the coming months.

(There's also likely to be some regional gatherings on shorter notice before then: maybe TX, FL or others. Watch the Retreats forum if you are interested.)
So this is as much notice (6 months!) as you will ever get for a Biblical Families retreat. Giving you northerners no excuse - unless there's a blizzard that weekend... Us southerners will just have to grin and bear it - because we're going to the beautiful countryside of Maryland or southern Pennsylvania. Close enough to use DC airports, but far enough to be out of the 'swamp'. Maybe not so beautiful in Feb, but that's OK, because we'll stay and enjoy fellowship in our hotel - as well as some great speaking: Clyde Pilkington, author of "The Great Ommission", should be joining us and sharing, and their may be some others as well.

I know we don't get to the north so often, so I'm hoping planning this far ahead will give everyone a chance to make their plans, and we'll meet a bunch of new folks from the north-east.

See you then! Watch for details over the coming months.

(There's also likely to be some regional gatherings on shorter notice before then: maybe TX, FL or others. Watch the Retreats forum if you are interested.)

Looking for something in or near Utah.

The retreat email details just went out - so check your email (from retreats@biblicalfamilies.org) if you requested info. If you didn't get it and want it, drop me a DM with your email.

Oh, and we are starting Friday night (14th), going to Sunday afternoon (16th). Looking forward to seeing a number of you there.

We have a dilemma: Those of you attending, or hoping to still: I need a vote. I had put 15-17th on the date - that's Saturday night to Monday (Presidents day), to avoid meeting on Valentines, Friday night. But now we are thinking that was the wrong decision, and more people need to work Monday, but may be willing to come on Valentine's night (have a nice early dinner - some of us may go out together).
So... Start Friday night, finish Sunday afternoon? Or start Sat afternoon, finish Monday morning?
Let me know what works best for you, if you think you are coming.
(You can reply here, or PM me.)

Thanks, Nathan
I vote for Friday to Monday.

;)

It looks like Austin to Baltimore (which is even closer) is only $234 round trip.
BWI (in Baltimore) is really the best place to fly in and out of within reasonable driving distance from Harrisburg.

See you there, Chris!

Looking for something in or near Utah.

We live in Pennsylvania, so the upcoming meeting is very convenient for us, but I sure would LOVE for us to have a national annual retreat somewhere like Utah, Idaho or Nevada to provide an opportunity for us to meet more people from out West.

We will have to pass on this one:(. I just got two new tires for the car today and getting the other two tomorrow.

I knew I needed tires this spring/summer but a BAD pothole sped that up:(:eek::(

Looking forward to the summer one.

Thank you @julieb I was really looking forward to making it to this one, but look at the plus side, the car has new tires LOL

Back