• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2019 Summer Conference and Family Retreat (late July)

They are older now and starting to have their own lives and agendas. I hate that.

Just wait in a few more days they'll be married out of the home and in a couple more months you will be a grandfather LOL. It is truly amazing on how fast time flies.

Between haying and a baby coming we won't be able to make it this year. Hope you all have fun!

Between haying and a baby coming we won't be able to make it this year. Hope you all have fun!
We seriously need a don't like button!
:-(
I understand though. We skipped a family reunion a couple years ago because I was pregnant, and not at all interested in any chance of overdoing anything. (Had the three previous pregnancies not have happy outcomes)
At least time flies and we have the hope of our families making the same retreat another time. :-)

Following a discussion here that has been deleted, I need to clarify something:

For any information on the retreats, contact retreats@biblicalfamilies.org or send a private message to @julieb or @nathan.

If you have been given specific information on retreat locations etc because you are planning to attend, this has been shared in confidence and must be kept confidential. Do not pass it on to anybody else, either on the public forum, or by private message. For security reasons, the ministry staff try to only share this information to those who truly need to know it because they actually are attending, are careful who they give this information to, and need to know who has this information. So if anybody is interested in the retreat, get them to contact the ministry themselves by the above contact details.

Certainly never share the actual location or other key details on the forum, for hopefully obvious security reasons.

I guess I have missed something....Thanks Samuel for posting that information. We don't make that clear enough with our retreat mailings.

We try our best to know a bit more about every person who asks for retreat information for the protection of all our families desiring to attend. As @FollowingHim has stated, please don't share this information with anyone else.

I guess I have missed something....Thanks Samuel for posting that information. We don't make that clear enough with our retreat mailings.

We try our best to know a bit more about every person who asks for retreat information for the protection of all our families desiring to attend. As @FollowingHim has stated, please don't share this information with anyone else.
Very admirable and necessary in this day and age. Thanks for keeping all of that in check.

Certainly never share the actual location or other key details on the forum, for hopefully obvious security reasons.

I had a friend who had a ministry for arranged marriages (not forced arranged marriage just arranged marriage between kids and families who thought dating was stupid and wanted to skip straight to the marriage). Anyway he was going to have a family conference and made the mistake of putting it on his web site. And immediately a large group of social justice warriors attacked the wacky cult and they talked to the conference site and got it cancelled and wacky cult made international news and the ministry no longer exists.

Last edited:
I do share details that BF is having retreats. I think it is important for people to know that it is an active and vibrant ministry that is doing things, but I do not share specific locations. Instead I point them to this web site.

I had a friend who had a ministry for arranged marriages (not forced arranged marriage just arranged marriage between kids and families who thought dating was stupid and wanted to skip straight to the marriage). Anyway he was going to have a family conference and made the mistake of putting it on his web site. And immediately a large group of social justice warriors attacked the wacky cult and they talked to the conference site and got it cancelled and wacky cult made international news and the ministry no longer exists.

This is a very real problem today for any group holding views to the right of Stalin. It is standard practice now to hold the location secret until the last minute, have backup locations, and various other cloak and dagger stuff.

When this sort of thing happens to you it takes a real toll on the leaders and organization. But if they have a firm foundation, they should be able to prevail. Unfortunately now it's not just international news that is the problem, but loosing jobs, death threats, and physical attacks that people deal with.

This is a very real problem today for any group holding views to the right of Stalin. It is standard practice now to hold the location secret until the last minute, have backup locations, and various other cloak and dagger stuff.

When this sort of thing happens to you it takes a real toll on the leaders and organization. But if they have a firm foundation, they should be able to prevail. Unfortunately now it's not just international news that is the problem, but loosing jobs, death threats, and physical attacks that people deal with.

Three cheers for social media. Oh wait, maybe it's not so good.

And just think, soon there will be an AI algorithm to keep people from finding out about godly families, or families THEY don't like.

Three cheers for social media. Oh wait, maybe it's not so good.

And just think, soon there will be an AI algorithm to keep people from finding out about godly families, or families THEY don't like.
All the more reason. For us to get better at sharing via word of mouth or other 'doorway' ministries...

Back