• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to bring up Biblical marriage

NBTX11 mentioned that this woman has never been married, and that she was best friends with his wife in highschool. That would mean her age is almost certainly well north of forty. In less polite (but more honest) times, she would have been called an "old maid". That seems like a good reason to be open to poly. Sharing a man makes more sense than dying alone surrounded by cats.
Add to that the fact that our brother NBTX11 seems like a solid honorable Christian husband, and father, and the potential "sister wife" a beloved friend and relative. It looks like a reasonable possibility.

NBTX11 mentioned that this woman has never been married, and that she was best friends with his wife in highschool. That would mean her age is almost certainly well north of forty. In less polite (but more honest) times, she would have been called an "old maid". That seems like a good reason to be open to poly. Sharing a man makes more sense than dying alone surrounded by cats.
You’re assumptions are correct.

I tried the online sites and they were a lot of scams and non Christians. Not interested.
I think that is a wise move.
I know Megan found her family online, but I think that's more of an exception. I think real world relationships are generally a better place to start.

Then again, I have no experience. ☺️

I on the other hand am vastly younger at a mere 49 years of age!
My dear husband and I appear to be the same age this time of year. This year we are both 49 for awhile. In a couple weeks I will again appear older and wiser. Ok, well maybe not, but I was potty trained before he was born. ;)
it's a good place to be actually.

Megan you may have posted this before but thought it might be prudent to give us an example of how you ladies came to your husband?

There have been five plurals in the house and each of us came to it in a different way. If you hang around here and we get to know each other better I'd be happy to share more.

All too often they are more interested in the feelings than they are the lifestyle.
To her right now, you are safe. She can have some emotional intimacy with you because she thinks that you can’t go any farther, so she doesn’t have to protect herself. Because she sees you as safe, her friends husband who wouldn’t do anything untoward.

When you blow up the bridge behind her is when things get exceptionally real.

I'm sorry I did not see this the first time I read your comment. This really hits home with me. That moment when things happen that can't be undone is huge.

Back