• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Sexual Duties & Children

That’s because I don’t consider those examples complaining. So it shouldn’t boggle your mind.
Edit: I just reread your post. I wasn’t talking about the process of weight loss, but the process of transforming your wife/family.

And yes, I think attractive is a horrible standard. I’m very blessed that I find my wife attractive. I have a very attractive wife and apparently other men think so as well, judging by the frequency that she has to deal with men making passes at her. That being said, I am not satisfied with her because of her attractiveness. I’d like to think I’d be just as in love with her and just as satisfied if she had another hundred pounds on her as I am now.

Because thats about how I view myself. I’d like to think that I could be a great husband to any woman without regard to weight or height or hair color or health or race or background. That if God entrusted the most flawed woman to my covering, that I would be a great husband to her, just as I have my first wife (who is also flawed). Because its not about how attractive or beautiful she/they are to me. Its about how can I husband her into becoming the most attractive woman to Him. My role is about what I can do for her. My wife’s attractiveness is a blessing and a side benefit. She’s not attractive to me because she’s beautiful or in the peak of health. She’s attractive to me because she’s mine!

Attraction is a blessing, but a horrible standard.

Well then I really don't know what you are talking about when you say that I am complaining. I am happy that my wife has reached the halfway mark to the target weight that she needs to reach, and I'll be even happier when she gets there. I just want to leave her out of this discussion, because it is getting way too personal. Any future wife of mine will understand that she is not to eat copious amounts of junk that will rob her of her physical beauty, and I have no intention whatsoever of marrying any woman who has let herself go. That is my personal preference, just like I have never found most red-heads to be attractive, and dyed hair is usually a major turn-off as well. I wish I had laid down this rule for my wife before it was too late, but back then I was afraid of hurting her feelings, and you can't go back and change the past. That is a mistake I will not make with any future wife.

I find my wife attractive too, in many areas, and in areas that I see a need for improvement, I have been working with her on making those improvements. Yo-yo dieting, is not an improvement.

I think my wife is prettier than all ya'lls wives.

(Just thought I would add more craziness to this thread.)
Oh really now! So if you get a second wife, which one will you claim to be prettiest? :p

Dude, they will be equally beautiful in their own way. And they will be the most beautiful in the world to me.

(You gotta learn polygamy speak to relate to wives)
Well see, you shoulda called me out on my use of the word "one", right?

I think that healthy is a great standard. Attractive is a horrible standard.

I believe healthy and physically attractive are synonymous. The same is true at the spiritual level...spiritually healthy is attractive. But neither is a substitute for the other.

Dude, they will be equally beautiful in their own way. And they will be the most beautiful in the world to me.

(You gotta learn polygamy speak to relate to wives)

"But you don't think I'm beautiful the way she is beautiful!"

I think someone had a post on here about the problem of comparisons between wives a while back.

I believe healthy and physically attractive are synonymous. The same is true at the spiritual level...spiritually healthy is attractive. But neither is a substitute for the other.
Excellent point! As much as the Bible talks about beauty, and the implication is, that it was a good thing that those women were beautiful, we also must remember that Proverbs tells us that Charm is deceitful, and beauty is fleeting. Then it goes on to say that a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised.

I believe healthy and physically attractive are synonymous.
Fertility is sexy. That's why we're generally attracted to big breasts, big thighs, and an otherwise healthily slim body (note "healthily slim", not "model slim", if her belly isn't like "a mound of wheat" as Solomon put it there's something wrong with her womb...). God has hard-wired men to want to reproduce with fertile women. An internally healthy constitution is visible on the outside as physical attractiveness. Just as:
The same is true at the spiritual level...spiritually healthy is attractive.

Fertility is sexy. That's why we're generally attracted to big breasts, big thighs, and an otherwise healthily slim body (note "healthily slim", not "model slim", if her belly isn't like "a mound of wheat" as Solomon put it there's something wrong with her womb...). God has hard-wired men to want to reproduce with fertile women. An internally healthy constitution is visible on the outside as physical attractiveness. Just as:
I never understood the attraction to enormous sized breasts. I prefer medium sized myself!

I never understood the attraction to enormous sized breasts. I prefer medium sized myself!
I said big. Not enormous. There's a difference. :)

But I must clarify that I was just pointing out in very general terms that those features associated with physical fertility are also associated with sexual attraction. Obviously women come in many different physical forms, and can be attractive in different ways. However, the features that we tend to most strongly associate with sexual attractiveness are those associated with fertility, and the more fertile the more attractive - crudely speaking.

You can have too much of a good thing also! But at that point, they start to denote a reduction in physical health, so once again attractiveness is correlated with fertility.

Last edited:
I said big. Not enormous. There's a difference. :)
Well, I'm not talking about you per se. I just never understood why THOSE men that do like that, well, what it is they see, but I guess to each his own, although the abnormal stuff is :eek:

I never understood the attraction to enormous sized breasts.

More milk production for babies. But too much leads to infections during lactation (and difficulty fleeing predators) so there is a balance.

Fertility is sexy

It's not just fertility. Facial symmetry relates to genetic quality. Things like long beautiful shining hair and clear well colored skin are markers of health (good organ function and high dietary vitamins and fats). We tend to find people attractive that are somewhat similar to us (like the scent thing). Trim tight muscles means she'll have the endurance to get through labor and the strength to care for her family (literally a life and death matter).

I'm totally laughing here. My dad was always commenting on ladies "assets." We got him a tee shirt once with cartoon pictures of all shapes and sizes from bee stings to watermelons. :D He didnt think it was funny. :rolleyes: He used to joke though that the reason he was a boob guy was that when he was born in the hospital a twin other ladies with babies helped feed them. :cool:

I'm totally laughing here. My dad was always commenting on ladies "assets." We got him a tee shirt once with cartoon pictures of all shapes and sizes from bee stings to watermelons. :D He didnt think it was funny. :rolleyes: He used to joke though that the reason he was a boob guy was that when he was born in the hospital a twin other ladies with babies helped feed them. :cool:
Hate to admit I've seen that shirt.:confused:

Back