• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Winter Conference and retreat, Feb 14-16, 2020

@cnystrom yes! We are so sorry for not getting any info out yet. We are still working on a place but hope to have that settled soon. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Yippee! So excited. Looking forward to seeing old friends, making new friends and bringing a couple or two from our fellowship! Been promoting this as a great weekend to learn, grow and see that 'normal' might look different, but is not weird!

Do you have an idea on what the cost will be?

Wish I could be there. I have a family wedding that weekend...that's been happening a lot lately. Lol...

Wish I could be there. I have a family wedding that weekend...that's been happening a lot lately. Lol...
D'oh!! That's a familiar refrain. Was really hoping to see you and Hubby that weekend!

Y'all need to make a trip down here when things settle down up there.

D'oh!! That's a familiar refrain. Was really hoping to see you and Hubby that weekend!

Y'all need to make a trip down here when things settle down up there.
Yep for sure. @Shaul will be contacting you to work out the details.

Looking forward to any announcement about more local retreats, as convincing my sweetie (or sweet tea) to go north, is not likely to meet with success, although it could be an opportunity to show her that refusal to submit, has undesirable consequences.

We are ON. Hotel deal to be locked tomorrow, details ready in few days. Newsletter announcement too. These airports are closest, if you are flying: Harrisburg (medium size), Hagerstown (small), then any DC airport. I'll be there Friday, staying til Monday.

YIPPEE!!!

Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks! Upon further reflection, and due to recent change in circumstances, I don't believe we will make this particular trip. We will wait until the next one that is in our vicinity. Have fun!

Hotel info is ready (south of Harrisburg), if you PM now. Julie should have longer email details ready tomorrow.
$45-49 room rates, but we need folks to pitch in to cover meeting room.

You should come, we are going to get to meet Pacman, it looks like! :)

Oh, if you PM for info, please include your email, to make it easier for us to send the details.

Last edited:
We have a dilemma: Those of you attending, or hoping to still: I need a vote. I had put 15-17th on the date - that's Saturday night to Monday (Presidents day), to avoid meeting on Valentines, Friday night. But now we are thinking that was the wrong decision, and more people need to work Monday, but may be willing to come on Valentine's night (have a nice early dinner - some of us may go out together).
So... Start Friday night, finish Sunday afternoon? Or start Sat afternoon, finish Monday morning?
Let me know what works best for you, if you think you are coming.
(You can reply here, or PM me.)

Thanks, Nathan

We have a dilemma: Those of you attending, or hoping to still: I need a vote. I had put 15-17th on the date - that's Saturday night to Monday (Presidents day), to avoid meeting on Valentines, Friday night. But now we are thinking that was the wrong decision, and more people need to work Monday, but may be willing to come on Valentine's night (have a nice early dinner - some of us may go out together).
So... Start Friday night, finish Sunday afternoon? Or start Sat afternoon, finish Monday afternoon?
Let me know what works best for you, if you think you are coming.
(You can reply here, or PM me.)

Thanks, Nathan
Both work for us. We'll be there early Friday and plan to leave late Sunday or early Monday.

Back