• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

False Prophets

There ya go, I don't care if you saw that or not, I edited it out because it didn't fit anymore after I added the rest of the tail end of the message. I was trying to be more kind and explain my position. You've decided you don't like me and that's fine. I stand by everything I typed out.

The edit function is for people who have contributed a lot or been here for a while from my understanding.

If you have a personal problem with me would you like to go to private messages instead of continuing to derail a discussion about prophecy?

Maybe other men will see fit to address this. If I had more invested in this community I probably would have spoken out on some of this similar nonsense I have seen on other threads.
I thought the idea that the Torah keeper vs. not was a major threat was interesting. But I think what we see here is a larger threat.

Please, if you believe God has given you a prophesy, dream, or vision that is 100% from God, share it with another Christian to examine it. If the conclusion is that, 100%, the item (for example, a dream) is from God, then don't be casual about it. It should be studied in order to be interpreted by elders and the saints. Then, the interpretation should be prayed on. As is the model that AsForMe referred to, the interpretation should eventually be evaluated as the future becomes the present.

I hope, to faithfully keep this thread as a resource, the posts from others that I have responded to will not be deleted or edited.

There ya go, I don't care if you saw that or not, I edited it out because it didn't fit anymore after I added the rest of the tail end of the message. I was trying to be more kind and explain my position. You've decided you don't like me and that's fine. I stand by everything I typed out.

The edit function is for people who have contributed a lot or been here for a while from my understanding.

If you have a personal problem with me would you like to go to private messages instead of continuing to derail a discussion about prophecy?
thanks for the offer. I really don't think any discourse going forward, with you, either privately or in this forum, would be anything more than an immense waste of time. I'm sure you have a lot to offer your community and many other people, but I would prefer to not interact with you going forward.

thanks for the offer. I really don't think any discourse going forward, with you, either privately or in this forum, would be anything more than an immense waste of time. I'm sure you have a lot to offer your community and many other people, but I would prefer to not interact with you going forward.
I really appreciate the honest discourse here. The lack of rancor is refreshing. I'll be happy to not interact if that's what you prefer. You can mouse over my profile and hit the "ignore" button to not see my posts in the future.

But in parting I'd like to respond to this
Please, if you believe God has given you a prophesy, dream, or vision that is 100% from God, share it with another Christian to examine it. If the conclusion is that, 100%, the item (for example, a dream) is from God, then don't be casual about it. It should be studied in order to be interpreted by elders and the saints. Then, the interpretation should be prayed on.
I agree wholeheartedly that this is a wise course of action. With something important that carries such heavy judgement from God, better to be safe than sorry!

This is clearly getting personal. It’s time to take a breather folks.

What I see is that some can only conceptualize prophecy in the macro, they have no idea that Yah has a rheostat.

Yah talked directly to Cain, but he sure wasn’t a prophet.

Was Joseph ever called a prophet?

Please, if you believe God has given you a prophesy, dream, or vision that is 100% from God, share it with another Christian to examine it. If the conclusion is that, 100%, the item (for example, a dream) is from God, then don't be casual about it. It should be studied in order to be interpreted by elders and the saints. Then, the interpretation should be prayed on. As is the model that AsForMe referred to, the interpretation should eventually be evaluated as the future becomes the present.
I also agree with this course of action. Prophecy should be written down and evaluated. It should be studied and watched to see if it will come true.

I find it unfair that people can say things, and then go back and edit to cover their tracks.
Everything I have written in this thread is what I have written. I have not deleted or edited.

I was not aware of this "feature" apparently available to some but not others, but it discourages fair discourse.
Technical query: Are you not able to edit your posts @Communication? If you look below a recent post of your own (one made in the last few days), it should have links saying "Report Edit Delete". Do you not see these links? You should be able to, if you can't see them then I'll have to work out what's going wrong.

Please, if you believe God has given you a prophesy, dream, or vision that is 100% from God, share it with another Christian to examine it.
Absolutely, I completely agree - anyone sensible would agree.

@FollowingHim2 has done this, that particular dream has been shared with myself and others and very carefully and prayerfully examined. In a completely different setting. Here, she was not presenting a prophecy, she was simply using one tiny detail of a dream off-hand as an illustration of the fact that dreams can be symbolic not literal. That is all. You can argue 'til the cows come home about whether she should have used her own dream as an illustration, but that argument is, in my opinion, pedantic nonsense.

Do NOT accuse my wife of failing to do something simply because she has not described it in a particular conversation. What you say must be done is exactly what she has done.

@FollowingHim2 has done this, that particular dream has been shared with myself and others and very carefully and prayerfully examined. In a completely different setting. Here, she was not presenting a prophecy, she was simply using one tiny detail of a dream off-hand as an illustration of the fact that dreams can be symbolic not literal. That is all. You can argue 'til the cows come home about whether she should have used her own dream as an illustration, but that argument is, in my opinion, pedantic nonsense.

Do NOT accuse my wife of failing to do something simply because she has not described it in a particular conversation. What you say must be done is exactly what she has done.
But you failed to allow people who don’t believe in prophecy to judge it and her.

Did I accuse your wife of failing to do something? You are a leader here, if I didn't make that accusation, and you say something like that (itself an accusation with plausible deniability built in), it would be very unbecoming.

Reactions: EWP
In context, it read as an accusation. It may not have been intended that way.
Sometimes context can imply an accusation.
I am confused, because I honestly can say I don't know enough about your wife's claim of having dreams that are "100% from God" to even begin to make an "accusation" if I was so inclined. That is why I was, as Scripture teaches us when people claim they have messages, dreams, visions, or prophesies "100% from God", simply asking (along with another) a question about the claim.
As some have said, these dreams "100% from God" have not been disclosed to me (or us, afaik) and they have placed no command from God before us, but that is irrelevant.

So the context is that your wife refused to provide any further answers to questions that we are commanded by scripture to ask:
Therefore, what accusation is even "implied" by your reading of "the context?"

(It would be weird if the context implied "an accusation" but implied nothing about what that accusation might even be.)

This is such an important discussion we are having about revelations from God! Thank you, OP.

So the context is that your wife refused to provide any further answers to questions that we are commanded by scripture to ask
She was not giving a prophecy. She was using one tiny detail from a dream to illustrate a principle about dream interpretation. If she were proclaiming what will happen in the future, then she would certainly answer such questions - but that's not what she was doing. She was illustrating a point, and happened to use her own dream to illustrate it. She could have avoided all this drama by just avoiding giving an example, and in hindsight she certainly wishes she had done so!

She is not answering questions not because she's "refusing to", but because she's feeling that a handful of men are taking a tiny comment out of context and blowing it up into a massive irrelevant drama that is so stressful for her she hasn't even looked at the discussion for a couple of days, and is busy with real life.

She was not giving a prophecy. She was using one tiny detail from a dream to illustrate a principle about dream interpretation. If she were proclaiming what will happen in the future, then she would certainly answer such questions - but that's not what she was doing. She was illustrating a point, and happened to use her own dream to illustrate it. She could have avoided all this drama by just avoiding giving an example, and in hindsight she certainly wishes she had done so!

She is not answering questions not because she's "refusing to", but because she's feeling that a handful of men are taking a tiny comment out of context and blowing it up into a massive irrelevant drama that is so stressful for her she hasn't even looked at the discussion for a couple of days, and is busy with real life.
I can imagine she might feel stress. Perhaps when she is feeling better we can get an answer to a question that she is not "refusing to" answer. Or maybe you would claim a Christian having dreams 100% from God is nobodies business! Maybe it is a secret revelation meant not for the entire Body of Christ, but only a few?
Regardless, I truly understand how this might be stressful and I hope she is feeling better soon. If you blame me for the stress, I am not sure that is really fair.

But let me remind you of the question put before you. "Context" provided enough evidence (for you) that you would post "Do NOT accuse my wife...", but no information about what the accusation might possibly be? It is not fair to ask you what you believe I am accusing your wife of?

And as for this "little thing" language. I myself have never had a dream that gave me any indication it was 100% from God, but if I did I would not consider it a "little thing." But I think some holy people are getting dreams or whatever 100% from God so frequently that maybe it becomes a "little thing." There are even examples in the Scripture. Some hear from God so frequently that they just seem to accept it as a commonplace thing. Is there another reason you would describe having dreams "100% from God" as a "little thing?"

So there's 2 separate things before you hear. I apologize if I was supposed to put them in separate posts, but I put them in one because they were both motivated by the post of yours I am replying to.

Or maybe you would claim a Christian having dreams 100% from God is nobodies business! Maybe it is a secret revelation meant not for the entire Body of Christ, but only a few?
I would certainly claim it is nobody's business. God talks to all of us, in different ways, and mostly he is just talking to us about our own life. Rarely does he tell someone "this is a prophecy I want you to go and preach to the world". He has given Sarah dreams that encourage and motivate her and I in our own actions. He has never told her to be a prophet and preach to the world, and she was not doing that here.

Nobody has to answer to random people on the internet about how God speaks to them in private. As I said before, her only mistake (if it was a mistake) was to refer to a private dream in passing as an illustration of something else.

Back to the broader issue of prophetic dreams - we are told to expect this in "the last days".
Joel 2:28-29
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

And we are clearly told in Acts 2:16-18 that this prophecy began to be fulfilled at Pentecost - it is not for the distant future, but began at the start of the "Church Age", which we are still in today. Hearing from God through dreams and visions is normal life for the church (not that it happens to all of us every day, but it should be considered normal for it to occur from time to time). The statement that "God told me in a dream to do such-and-such" is a very common part of the Christian experience throughout history.

I would certainly claim it is nobody's business. God talks to all of us, in different ways, and mostly he is just talking to us about our own life. Rarely does he tell someone "this is a prophecy I want you to go and preach to the world". He has given Sarah dreams that encourage and motivate her and I in our own actions. He has never told her to be a prophet and preach to the world, and she was not doing that here.

Nobody has to answer to random people on the internet about how God speaks to them in private. As I said before, her only mistake (if it was a mistake) was to refer to a private dream in passing as an illustration of something else.

Back to the broader issue of prophetic dreams - we are told to expect this in "the last days".
Joel 2:28-29
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

And we are clearly told in Acts 2:16-18 that this prophecy began to be fulfilled at Pentecost - it is not for the distant future, but began at the start of the "Church Age", which we are still in today. Hearing from God through dreams and visions is normal life for the church (not that it happens to all of us every day, but it should be considered normal for it to occur from time to time). The statement that "God told me in a dream to do such-and-such" is a very common part of the Christian experience throughout history.
Ok, well. Maybe in the future I could just request this: If someone mentions he is having dreams that are 100% from God to "random people on the internet" BUT they are not intended for anyone but himself (or a close circle), maybe mention that right off the bat. Because some of us random people on the internet are familiar with verses like Joel 2.
It never occurred to me, that a person would get a private direct message in the form of a dream 100% from God that they understood was not meant for anyone else, and then they would casually mention on a board about prophesy (titled "False Prophets") that they have dreams 100% from God.
My expectation to have my horizons broadened on this board is being met in unexpected ways.

Back