• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Burden Unable to Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Holy Spirit.
& prophecy (written by the Holy Spirit).

Baruch 2:30​

“For I knew that they would not hear me, because it is a stiffnecked people: but in the land of their captivities they shall remember themselves.”

I dont consider myself a "Jew". And I don't equate "Jew" and "Israelite", though some might.

Matthew 5:17-19 makes clear that the gospel is far removed from lawlessness. I agree with Messiah that the law is not done away with. And my faith in him is the only reason I can walk in obedience. So I'm justified by faith, since he is my strength. But faith without works is dead so I obey because I love him. Its not enough to say I love him if my actions don't follow. My faith isn't mental assent. Its abiding in him who walked in obedience so I can do the same.

The problem is straightforward: Christians were never commanded to keep the Torah of Yah. It was never intended for them, it's not their covenant. They never agreed to it, never signed up for it. Jesus never preached to, for, or about a "Christian". That is the disconnect. Christians don't receive the commandments because it doesn't gel with their religion. A commandment keeping Christian? Where they do that at?!

All commandments don't apply to me. I dont have a menstrual cycle but Torah has instructions for those who do.

There are multiple places in Torah that one can see that Yah is no respect of persons, and Israel and grafted in gentiles keep His Torah side by side as brethren. Christianity doesn't fit that bill, doesn't want to be included in that, and thats perfectly fine. Christians worship "God", not YAHUAH Elohiym of the Hebrews -- the Elohiym of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The "gospel of Christianity" is a Roman Catholic one, which runs counter to Yahshua the Israelite and his disciples and apostles. Christianity is anti-christ. Because it refuses the foundation of all Scripture, which is TORAH. Jesus (Yahshua) didn't overthrow his Father or His Word. He fulfilled the promises, fulfilled the prophecies, and carried out Yah's will of sacrifice and salvation. He did not come with anything other than what the Father gave him. And Yah has stated over and over that He does not change. The twisted and distorted doctrine of Christianity counts the blood of Jesus for naught, since its used to justify continuing in sin and iniquity (lawlessness). Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Yah forbid.

Gentiles join Israel as grafted in branches if they so choose and are chosen. All are connected to the vine. We keep the same law / commandments/ teaching / instruction because the vine teaches us the significance of doing so.

Matthew 19:17
If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Ecclesiasticus 19:19​

“The knowledge of the commandments of the Lord is the doctrine of life: and they that do things that please him shall receive the fruit of the tree of immortality.”

4Ezra.15:24​

[24] Woe to them that sin, and keep not my commandments! saith the Lord.

Baruch 4:1​

[1] This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die.

1John.5: 2-3​

[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev.12:17​

[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev.14:12​

[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 21:10-12
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

^^^ Not a single gate of the Kingdom of heaven says anything about a "Christian". The gates are named after the 12 tribes of Israel.

So it doesn't matter whether Israelite or gentile, everyone entering those gates will be in the family of Israel. And no matter how much Christianity minimizes it, casts it down, or attempts to erase or replace it, our family [YISRA'EL!] has a covenant with Yah that He will NEVER break.

Psalm 89:34
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Psalm 105: 8-10, 42-45
8 He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

9 Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;

10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

42 For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant.

43 And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:

44 And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people;

45 That they might observe his statutes, and keep his laws. Praise ye the Lord.

Revelation 22:14​

“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.”
You say that the new covenant isn’t meant for the Christian, but then explain these scriptures:

Luke 4:25-27

25“Certainly there were many needy widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the heavens were closed for three and a half years, and a severe famine devastated the land. 26Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them. He was sent instead to a foreigner—a widow of Zarephath in the land of Sidon. 27And many in Israel had leprosy in the time of the prophet Elisha, but the only one healed was Naaman, a Syrian.”

Hosea 2:23

And I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they will say, ‘You are my God!’”

Is Jesus God? Yes he is. And what is the commandment of Jesus? To love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor like yourself. This sums up the law. A rich young man asked Jesus what is the law? Jesus answered:

You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’”

- Jesus could had said the entire Mosaic law. But he didn’t. These commandments deal directly with loving your neighbor like yourself. Which is why if you have the Holy Spirit - and bear fruit of the Holy Spirit - you’re under no law. Because this fruit fulfills Jesus’ commandments. All praise to Jesus. His righteousness fulfilled the law, and it’s only be his grace and mercy are we saved. Because of Lord Jesus we have a high priest that washed us clean by his own precious blood. He’s building his kingdom and wants citizens that truly love him, and love their neighbor. That don’t exalt themselves. That exalt him. He took care of the works of the law. And washed us clean for our many sins as our High Priest:

Hebrews 8:6-7

But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises.

7 If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it.

Last edited:
I'm well aware His commandments were never given to Christians. Jesus never knew a Christian and never laid the way for the religion of Christianity. Its unfortunate that Christianity hates the commandments so much, but its not surprising since Christianity preaches another gospel and another Jesus just like Paul warned. Christianity preaches lawlessness, and nothing could be further from the true Messiah and the true message.
Ok, this is going too far. This is a Christian ministry. Preaching against Christianity is not going to be tolerated.

The doctrinal statement of this ministry is:
Since our public ministry is inclusive of Christ-followers from all backgrounds (evangelical, Pentecostal, fundamental, charismatic, Messianic, mainstream denominations, nondenominational, and more) we simply state that we are in agreement with the Apostles Creed of the early church, and are happy to fellowship as brothers and sisters with those who worship the one true God, our Creator; acknowledge the deity of Christ, His death and resurrection, and His redemptive work for us on the Cross; and make an effort to walk in their lives like they are redeemed by Him. We accept the Bible as God's inspired Word and His only written revelation.

Apostles Creed​

I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

Do you agree with that doctrinal statement @bro. Dexter for YAH, or not?

Are you still claiming divine inspiration on your hypothetical analysis of nonexistent original texts in Hebrew? Because what you are saying Scripture says, is not what it says in the original Greek manuscripts.
YHVH is not the Author of INCONSISTENCY.

Either He is a "liar and the Truth not in Him," or the crappy renderings
that CALL HIM a LIAR are taken out of "context, context, context."

PS> And have all the twisters here forgotten the "mia" example in Timothy and Titus? I'd have thought some of the Jot and Tiddle Purgers could at least see it SOMETIMES.

At least the intransigence of the Jot and Tiddle Purgers has clarified the Impasse:

If Scripture is "God's inspired Word and His only written revelation" (and I might note, that there MUST be a caveat - 'as Written' - since there are clearly Not Inspired Versions of translations out there...)
then what do we do with contradictions? Particularly, "in your face!" contradictions.

During my own journey, I note that frequently (see Exodus) YHVH the Creator and Author SIGNS (or emphasizes) His statement: ki ani YHVH, in the Hebrew. "I AM Yahuah..." There are English renderings that put His direct quotations in red.

And, right up front, in His very first major public address "in the flesh," He said what consistency with His own Word necessitated, so those who knew Him would discern Him:
that "so long as heaven and earth still exist," AND until "all" was fulfilled, He would not allow so much as "one yod or tiddle" to pass from His Instruction, nor the prophets.

Some here, while proclaiming their "love" of 'the Bible' - nevertheless say He was lying.

I frankly don't give a $#@#% about their blasphemous excuses.

If there is a better definition of what He was referring to as those who will hear "I never knew you," please enlighten me.

Not a single gate of the Kingdom of heaven says anything about a "Christian". The gates are named after the 12 tribes of Israel.
Wow!
Thank you for that one, I never realized it before.

I am glad that at least one cracked and finally said out loud what we knew some others were thinking, instead of remaining behind vagaries and esoteric questions with just enough plausible deniability to denounce anyone who smelled a rat. The gaslighting has been real.

Such men have been deceived and have denied the salvation that awaits them, preferring instead a vain attempt to earn passage from death into life. They have sold their birthright for a bowl of lentils because they were too hungry for something here and now. They may mean well, but they are lost and live in darkness and fear. They do not have the hope that we profess. Although they crave the same salvation, and although the Spirit pricks their conscience, yet still they cling to that which blinds and binds and are unable to take hold of that which has been set before them, and a few have even hardened their hearts. They have refused faith, preferring their own filthy rags to His righteousness. They exhaust themselves worshipping the idol they have propped up for themselves. We can learn a lot from them, both through their vast knowledge of the Law, and as a warning. We should pray for them, but not allow them to choke the life of new believers.

His kingdom is not of this world, yet they remain steadfast in their hope for an earthly reign. Their prideful hearts drool for a millenia of "I told you so" on this decaying crust. They believe it will be among ethnic Israel, and so they burst their veins with effort to be grafted in to branches that were cut off. They are not unlike the Catholics, who believing they were the chosen ones and living in the eschaton, took up the sword to advance a religion, not the Gospel.

Following the Law is not evil. It will yield good fruit. It is like a roadmap for how to navigate the dangerous curves of life. In addition to providing physical blessings, it is pregnant with parallels, images, or allegories for understanding the spiritual, that which lasts forever. However, like the shells our souls temporarily reside in, it itself is not spiritual or everlasting, and this is the divide, I think. They do not see the Law as temporary and relegated to earth, which is death. They see it as eternal and the pathway to salvation. They see the created image and worship it rather than understanding the image and worshipping the Creator. And that, dear friends, is evil. You will toil in vain, and your sacrifice will be as Cain's.

Truly you are clinging to your own works, and it is your flesh. Recognize that it is worthless for salvation. Rather, take hold of that which it points to. The thief on the cross obtained salvation without one act of righteousness while you who are perfect are still mired in sin. Die to flesh and be born of the Spirit. Then you may follow the Law without fear. Then the mysteries of it will become wonderful to you, and exciting to pursue, instead of dangerous. Then you will no longer be among those who are ever hearing but never understanding, ever seeing but never perceiving.

If this doesn't describe you, then rejoice and praise God. But, if it does, feel free to object profusely to this message.

Where is the new covenant and what are its terms?

It is a kainos diathēkē, and it is a kreittōn diathēkē.

Matthew 26:28 KJV
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, [ kainos diathēkē ] which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24 KJV
[24] And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Luke 22:20 KJV
[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25 KJV
[25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

2 Corinthians 3:6 KJV
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

[And here it is contrasted with the old covenant]
2 Corinthians 3:14 KJV
[14] But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Galatians 4:24-26 KJV
[24] Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants [dyo diathēkē]; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. [25] For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Hebrews 7:22 KJV
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Hebrews 8:6-7 KJV
[6] But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. [7] For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:13 KJV
[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 9:15 KJV
[15] And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 KJV
[24] And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

——————————————————-

How to partake in the new covenant; believe on the name of The Lord Jesus Christ The Son of God

John 6:28-29 KJV
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 1:7 KJV
[7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John 1:12 KJV
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 2:11 KJV
[11] This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

John 3:14-18 KJV
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 KJV
[36] He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:40 KJV
[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 20:31 KJV
[31] But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:36-38 KJV
[36] And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? [37] And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. [38] And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 10:43 KJV
[43] To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 13:39 KJV
[39] And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 13:48 KJV
[48] And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Acts 16:31 KJV
[31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 19:4 KJV
[4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Romans 1:16 KJV
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 4:3 KJV
[3] For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:5 KJV
[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV
[21] For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Galatians 2:16 KJV
[16] Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:6 KJV
[6] Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:22 KJV
[22] But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Hebrews 10:39 KJV
[39] But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

James 2:23 KJV
[23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

1 Peter 2:6 KJV
[6] Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1 John 3:23 KJV
[23] And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 5:13 KJV
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

——————————————————-
The commands of the new covenant

John 13:34 KJV
[34] A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
[35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12 KJV
[12] This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Romans 12:10 KJV
[10] Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Galatians 5:13 KJV
[13] For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Ephesians 4:2 KJV
[2] With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

1 Thessalonians 3:12 KJV
[12] And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

1 Thessalonians 4:9 KJV
[9] But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Hebrews 10:24 KJV
[24] And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1 Peter 1:22 KJV
[22] Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1 John 3:11 KJV
[11] For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

[beginning of what? The new covenant]

1 John 3:23 KJV
[23] And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

2 John 1:5 KJV
[5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

[Again I ask, the beginning of what? The beginning of the new covenant]

every covenant has terms. What are the terms? Pasting a bunch of favorite verses together is not the terms. What are the terms of this 'new covenant? Where can I find them?

You say that the new covenant isn’t meant for the Christian, but then explain these scriptures:

Luke 4:25-27

25“Certainly there were many needy widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the heavens were closed for three and a half years, and a severe famine devastated the land. 26Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them. He was sent instead to a foreigner—a widow of Zarephath in the land of Sidon. 27And many in Israel had leprosy in the time of the prophet Elisha, but the only one healed was Naaman, a Syrian.”

Hosea 2:23

And I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they will say, ‘You are my God!’”

Is Jesus God? Yes he is. And what is the commandment of Jesus? To love God with all your heart, and love your neighbor like yourself. This sums up the law. A rich young man asked Jesus what is the law? Jesus answered:

You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’”

- Jesus could had said the entire Mosaic law. But he didn’t. These commandments deal directly with loving your neighbor like yourself. Which is why if you have the Holy Spirit - and bear fruit of the Holy Spirit - you’re under no law. Because this fruit fulfills Jesus’ commandments. All praise to Jesus. His righteousness fulfilled the law, and it’s only be his grace and mercy are we saved. Because of Lord Jesus we have a high priest that washed us clean by his own precious blood. He’s building his kingdom and wants citizens that truly love him, and love their neighbor. That don’t exalt themselves. That exalt him. He took care of the works of the law. And washed us clean for our many sins as our High Priest:

Hebrews 8:6-7

But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises.

7 If the first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need for a second covenant to replace it.
Yah accepts gentiles and foreigners who enter His covenant to obey His commands. The covenant is available for those who want it and will abide in Him in Spirit and in Truth.

You choose what you believe. I'm content. I love my brothers and I desire each to know the real, true Messiah. Yah knows them that are His.

You don't know Jesus like you think you do. Jesus didn't give new law. He said all the commandments hang on these 2 things (which is a summation of the entirety of the law):

Love Yah with all your heart, mind, and soul; and love your neighbor as yourself.

Why? Becayse every single commandment is an instruction in how to love Yah or how to love your neighbor. The 10 commandments are a microcosm of that: the first 4 instruct us in how you love Yah (His way, not your way) and the last 6 are instructions in loving your neighbor. Such is the whole of the law.

The commandments you reject (like sabbath and His holy days) are instructions for loving Yah. He gives us the formula so there is no confusion.

Everything Jesus said, did, and taught is consistent with the commandments if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. Love the Truth and search it out, Yah is faithful to reveal.

You cannot be washed by the blood if you remain in sin. Sin is transgression of the law. Jesus showed us exactly what obedience looks like so we are without excuse and able to walk in it thru him. The law REQUIRES judgment against all sin and he took on that judgment for us all.

The fault in the first covenant was the people, not Yah or the law itself. Yah is faultless, blameless, and perfect. The people broke the covenant. So he forgave us by the blood then put His law and spirit within us so that we have no excuse, in addition to a perfect example we can look to, who is our High Priest and mediator and has been tempted in the flesh as we are.

Jesus didn't keep the law for you to break it and claim with your mouth that you love him. He is the GOAL of the law for righteousness to them that believe -- even though paganized English translations mistranslate that word GOAL as "END" to support false doctrine.

Loving the Truth will transform and set free, but loving lies will keep people bound and send a strong delusion. Shout out to bro @steve On the gates of the Kingdom being revealed. I feel that is a victory, bless you my brother!

The King is coming 👑

Last edited:
Ok, this is going too far. This is a Christian ministry. Preaching against Christianity is not going to be tolerated.

The doctrinal statement of this ministry is:

Do you agree with that doctrinal statement @bro. Dexter for YAH, or not?
I wasn't being inclusive, forgive me. I agree with everything the apostles preached and taught and believed. This is a place for everyone who worships the one true creator and believes in Jesus Christ as do I.

Last edited:
There are two “Christianities”.
Originally it meant Little Christs, possibly derisively. Yeshua, as his mother called him, followed Torah. His followers followed Torah. Despite what it appears that Paul meant by some of the things that he wrote, Paul followed Torah. Paul instructed his followers to imitate himself as he imitated Yeshua.

The law REQUIRES judgment against all sin and he took on that judgment for us all.

How did He take on that judgement? Christ’s sacrifice and Priesthood are not prescribed In the law of Moses.

The people broke the covenant. So he forgave us by the blood then put His law and spirit within us so that we have no excuse, in addition to a perfect example we can look to, who is our High Priest and mediator and has been tempted in the flesh as we are.

First off, how did he forgive us by the blood?

He put His law and spirit within us? That sounds like the prophesied New Covenant.

Whoa, did you just renounce the catholic church?! The Creed clearly states belief in "the holy catholic church".

Do you even understand what christians believe? Do you not know the difference between Catholic Church and catholic church? You do realize that you are having a debate with protestants, not Catholics, right?

There are two “Christianities”.
Originally it meant Little Christs, possibly derisively. Yeshua, as his mother called him, followed Torah. His followers followed Torah. Despite what it appears that Paul meant by some of the things that he wrote, Paul followed Torah. Paul instructed his followers to imitate himself as he imitated Yeshua.

Did she call Him that? Maybe she did, but how are you so certain that she did? Evidence?

Yeshua, as his mother called him, followed Torah.

Jesus was an ethnic Hebrew

His followers followed Torah.

The Disciples were ethnic Hebrews

Paul followed Torah.

Paul was an ethnic Hebrew

Paul instructed his followers to imitate himself as he imitated Yeshua.

1 Corinthians 4:9-16 KJV
[9] For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. [10] We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. [11] Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; [12] And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [13] Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. [14] I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. [15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. [16] Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

He is saying to follow him in tribulations.

1 Corinthians 10:31- 11:1 KJV
[31] Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. [32] Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: [33] Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. [1] Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

He’s not talking about the law of Moses, he’s talking about following him in loving one another.

Did she call Him that? Maybe she did, but how are you so certain that she did? Evidence?
Seriously?
It’s a big deal to you whether or not a Hebrew mother called her child by a Hebrew name? As opposed to a Greek name?

It seems to me that you are majoring in minors.

every covenant has terms. What are the terms? Pasting a bunch of favorite verses together is not the terms. What are the terms of this 'new covenant? Where can I find them?
There are no terms, other than belief in the Son of God, that’s the point. We have/would never been able to keep them. What happens after the belief seems to be the debate. Is keeping the law of Moses the expected fruit of salvation? Or is God only really interested in the more intangible fruits of the Spirit?

Seriously?
It’s a big deal to you whether or not a Hebrew mother called her child by a Hebrew name? As opposed to a Greek name?

It seems to me that you are majoring in minors.

You made the statement as a statement of fact. I asked for evidence, and your response to that is, it isn’t a big deal? You are the one using it as some sort of validation for your point, I just want your supporting evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back