• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Burden Unable to Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s another parable for those with ears to hear:

The Parable of the Good Samaritan
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
You do realize that this whole passage starts with keeping the Law? Christ asked him what was in the Law. And then it ends with Christ telling the man to keep the Law that way.

So you don't "have to keep it" but if you don't you're in rebellion and cursed? You speak with a forked tongue.

Yes they do. They don't like to say they do. You apparently don't like it when people point out they do. But they do. Just like Mark did above. Or like people like Pete and Zec do when they say the New Covenant isn't here yet (or is just a restatement of the old).

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You can either be under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant, you don't get to have it both ways. Dead letter or Bread of Life. Pick.
After all this time you still don’t understand what any of your purported opponents believe.

1Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you

15For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not havemany fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 17For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.

5because our gospel came to you not in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit, and with much full assurance, just as you know what we were among you on account of you.6And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,

13For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe. 14For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus.

He’s not talking about the law of Moses, he’s talking about following him in loving one another.
Bullsnot!
Stop teaching untruths.

You made the statement as a statement of fact. I asked for evidence, and your response to that is, it isn’t a big deal? You are the one using it as some sort of validation for your point, I just want your supporting evidence.
You are making a big deal out of nothing.
The probability that she called him by a Hebrew name has absolutely no bearing on the message in that post.

I am glad that at least one cracked and finally said out loud what we knew some others were thinking, instead of remaining behind vagaries and esoteric questions with just enough plausible deniability to denounce anyone who smelled a rat. The gaslighting has been real.

Such men have been deceived and have denied the salvation that awaits them, preferring instead a vain attempt to earn passage from death into life. They have sold their birthright for a bowl of lentils because they were too hungry for something here and now. They may mean well, but they are lost and live in darkness and fear. They do not have the hope that we profess. Although they crave the same salvation, and although the Spirit pricks their conscience, yet still they cling to that which blinds and binds and are unable to take hold of that which has been set before them, and a few have even hardened their hearts. They have refused faith, preferring their own filthy rags to His righteousness. They exhaust themselves worshipping the idol they have propped up for themselves. We can learn a lot from them, both through their vast knowledge of the Law, and as a warning. We should pray for them, but not allow them to choke the life of new believers.

His kingdom is not of this world, yet they remain steadfast in their hope for an earthly reign. Their prideful hearts drool for a millenia of "I told you so" on this decaying crust. They believe it will be among ethnic Israel, and so they burst their veins with effort to be grafted in to branches that were cut off. They are not unlike the Catholics, who believing they were the chosen ones and living in the eschaton, took up the sword to advance a religion, not the Gospel.

Following the Law is not evil. It will yield good fruit. It is like a roadmap for how to navigate the dangerous curves of life. In addition to providing physical blessings, it is pregnant with parallels, images, or allegories for understanding the spiritual, that which lasts forever. However, like the shells our souls temporarily reside in, it itself is not spiritual or everlasting, and this is the divide, I think. They do not see the Law as temporary and relegated to earth, which is death. They see it as eternal and the pathway to salvation. They see the created image and worship it rather than understanding the image and worshipping the Creator. And that, dear friends, is evil. You will toil in vain, and your sacrifice will be as Cain's.

Truly you are clinging to your own works, and it is your flesh. Recognize that it is worthless for salvation. Rather, take hold of that which it points to. The thief on the cross obtained salvation without one act of righteousness while you who are perfect are still mired in sin. Die to flesh and be born of the Spirit. Then you may follow the Law without fear. Then the mysteries of it will become wonderful to you, and exciting to pursue, instead of dangerous. Then you will no longer be among those who are ever hearing but never understanding, ever seeing but never perceiving.

If this doesn't describe you, then rejoice and praise God. But, if it does, feel free to object profusely to this message.
That was melodramatic, but just to remind you; everyone of us who consider ourselves leaders among the Torah keepers here will flay alive any of our compatriots who even suggest that keeping the Law will bring salvation. You show us who among us believes that and we will handle the heretic personally and you will get a retraction from them or we will denounce them publicly.

Show me who among us thinks keeping the Law brings salvation.

Last edited:
The circumcision on here seem to all have contradictory beliefs, but never seem to call each other out for the differences. So, you’ll have to forgive folks for getting y’alls individual belief systems mixed.
And yet not one of those disparate beliefs are the ones we’re accused of having.

And leave us not even question how many things the rest of you disagree on.

You are making a big deal out of nothing.
The probability that she called him by a Hebrew name has absolutely no bearing on the message in that post.

Then why did you add it, and why do you believe it when Scripture doesn’t say that? It does have bearing because this hangup on the pronunciation of His name is the gateway drug for torahism.

Yah accepts gentiles and foreigners who enter His covenant to obey His commands. The covenant is available for those who want it and will abide in Him in Spirit and in Truth.

You choose what you believe. I'm content. I love my brothers and I desire each to know the real, true Messiah. Yah knows them that are His.

You don't know Jesus like you think you do. Jesus didn't give new law. He said all the commandments hang on these 2 things (which is a summation of the entirety of the law):

Love Yah with all your heart, mind, and soul; and love your neighbor as yourself.

Why? Becayse every single commandment is an instruction in how to love Yah or how to love your neighbor. The 10 commandments are a microcosm of that: the first 4 instruct us in how you love Yah (His way, not your way) and the last 6 are instructions in loving your neighbor. Such is the whole of the law.

The commandments you reject (like sabbath and His holy days) are instructions for loving Yah. He gives us the formula so there is no confusion.

Everything Jesus said, did, and taught is consistent with the commandments if you have eyes to see and ears to hear. Love the Truth and search it out, Yah is faithful to reveal.

You cannot be washed by the blood if you remain in sin. Sin is transgression of the law. Jesus showed us exactly what obedience looks like so we are without excuse and able to walk in it thru him. The law REQUIRES judgment against all sin and he took on that judgment for us all.

The fault in the first covenant was the people, not Yah or the law itself. Yah is faultless, blameless, and perfect. The people broke the covenant. So he forgave us by the blood then put His law and spirit within us so that we have no excuse, in addition to a perfect example we can look to, who is our High Priest and mediator and has been tempted in the flesh as we are.

Jesus didn't keep the law for you to break it and claim with your mouth that you love him. He is the GOAL of the law for righteousness to them that believe -- even though paganized English translations mistranslate that word GOAL as "END" to support false doctrine.

Loving the Truth will transform and set free, but loving lies will keep people bound and send a strong delusion. Shout out to bro @steve On the gates of the Kingdom being revealed. I feel that is a victory, bless you my brother!

The King is coming 👑
The King is coming? The King already came, and finished his 1000 year reign. Unless you wish to call him a liar. We're living in satan's season after the Golden Age (Dark Ages satan calls it). Why do you think our history books are completely silent on this time period? But Scripture comes first:

Matthew 16:28
“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Revelation 1:7
Look, he is coming with the clouds,' and 'every eye will see him, even those who pierced him'; and all peoples on earth 'will mourn because of him.' So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24:34
“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
(great tribulation, fall of Jerusalem, appearing of Son of Man in clouds of Heaven).
In the Greek "Generation" translates to "Family Generation." Jesus is not talking about a generation 2000 years in the future. But "this generation" whom he was speaking to.

Satan's Destiny:

Revelation 20:2
He took hold of the dragon, that old snake, who is the Devil, or Satan, and chained him for 1,000 years

Revelation 20:7
When the 1,000 years are finished, Satan will be free to leave his prison. 8 He will go out and fool the nations who are over all the world.

It's very clear we're living in Satan's season, and he's deceiving the entire world. What comes next per scripture:

Great White Throne of Judgement:

Revelation 20:11-15
Then I saw a great white throne. I saw the One Who sat on it. The earth and the heaven left Him in a hurry and they could be found no more. 12 I saw all the dead people standing before God. There were great people and small people. The books were opened. Then another book was opened. It was the book of life. The dead people were judged by what they had done as it was written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead people who were in it. Death and hell gave up the dead people who were in them. Each one was judged by what he had done. 14 Then death and hell were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 If anyone’s name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

And finally:

New Jerusalem:

Revelation 21:1-4
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had passed away. There was no more sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem. It was coming down out of heaven from God. It was made ready like a bride is made ready for her husband. 3 I heard a loud voice coming from heaven. It said, “See! God’s home is with men. He will live with them. They will be His people. God Himself will be with them. He will be their God. 4 God will take away all their tears. There will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All the old things have passed away.”

Only faith in Lord Jesus Christ. Don't be deceived by Satan to believe in anything different. If Jesus says the earth is stationary and the sun/moon move around us. Believe in Jesus. Don't believe in satan's lies with his minions all over the world -- from nasa, hollywood, government, etc.

Last edited:
That was melodramatic, but just to remind you; everyone of us who consider ourselves leaders among the Torah keepers here will flay alive any of our compatriots who even suggest that keeping the Law will bring salvation. You show us who among us believes that and we will handle the heretic personally and you will get a retraction from them or we will denounce them publicly.

@PeteR claims that faith IS works of Torah and that you guys are saved by “faith through grace”. Which is, oddly enough, the reverse of what Scripture states clearly. Care to elaborate?

You do realize that you are having a debate with protestants, not Catholics, right?
The word MEANS 'protesting catholics'! Ask Cardinal Gibbons (he wrote about it) - you accept the 'authority' of the 'one, true, universal, and catholic church' to CHANGE His commandments, like Sabbath, and they call you 'catholic'. "It's about who is to be master, that is all." (Lewis Carroll, not Scripture, not a pope.)

Well, grand words. I hope you are kidding about flaying anyone alive. I hope you are not kidding about denouncing that position. It is refreshing to hear it said so plainly. Maybe a blunt and obvious statement like that signed by the parties would be a good witness to dispel further suspicions and clear the air for more gainful discussion. So far any attempt to pin them down on that has been met with more denial, deflecting, and obfuscation.

There are at least two, and maybe three, but I'm not certain of the third. One has already made himself known, but retracted it. I'd like to be like one of them and tell you to be like the Bereans and READ THE THREADS for yourself, but once again, there is plenty of plausible deniability, and it would be equally frustrating for you to draw a certain conclusion. They are careful to avoid saying explicitly what they think, but their message is plain and they want others to put it together and come to the conclusion they are unwilling to say directly. When you do that, and you call them out, they invariably say, "That's not what I said!", and then they go on to say it again.

@PeteR claims that faith IS works of Torah and that you guys are saved by “faith through grace”. Which is, oddly enough, the reverse of what Scripture states clearly. Care to elaborate?
This is a good example of how putting 2 + 2 together gives you what they are saying without "saying". Again, I'm not certain of the 3rd. Sometimes you don't know if someone realized what they said or not.

The word MEANS 'protesting catholics'! Ask Cardinal Gibbons (he wrote about it) - you accept the 'authority' of the 'one, true, universal, and catholic church' to CHANGE His commandments, like Sabbath, and they call you 'catholic'. "It's about who is to be master, that is all." (Lewis Carroll, not Scripture, not a pope.)

You don’t have a clue what words mean, and you couldn’t exegete yourself out of a wet paper sack. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Re: What are the terms of this 'new covenant? Where can I find them?
There are no terms, other than belief in the Son of God...
Sorry, "even the demons believe, and tremble." (Yakov/James 2:19. And read the next verse.)

Platitudes, and claiming "another jesus, whom we have NOT preached," is the issue.

And as for the "expected fruit of Salvation" - asked, and answered:

"If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Which? The ones He Wrote down for us, said He would NOT change.

@The Revolting Man in case you are genuine about fixing this...

Here is an example of how impossible it is to get one to just speak plainly and answer that question. If red flags were dollars, this guy would be a millionaire. And yet, "where's the proof?", as you might say. I cannot give you a single, undeniable instance.
I'm glad you clarified. I may be dense, but that sure hasn't been the sentiment I've picked up from reading various posts throughout. That misunderstanding could be causing a lot of confusion if it is the same for others.

Just to be painfully transparent, the curses you are espousing are wholly in flesh and wouldn't include eternal damnation, would they?

The only entity I see being willing to put words in His mouth and claim to decide that for Him is the Whore Church. (They also seem to enjoy claiming to be His One, True, and ONLY Bride, and if you don't submit to them - guess where you go?)

(Personally, I think the answer's pretty clear. He laid it out in places like Lev. 26 and Deut. 28. But, again, I still contend that His Word doesn't change, and has been consistent all along, anyway.)

So I just encourage folks here with "eyes to see," again, to do what I always have - be like the Bereans, read His Word for yourself, and make up your own mind. After all, it's YOUR choice.

@The Revolting Man this is fairly close to approximating a confession in a single coherent post.
Re: What are the terms of this 'new covenant? Where can I find them?

Sorry, "even the demons believe, and tremble." (Yakov/James 2:19. And read the next verse.)

Platitudes, and claiming "another jesus, whom we have NOT preached," is the issue.

And as for the "expected fruit of Salvation" - asked, and answered:

"If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Which? The ones He Wrote down for us, said He would NOT change.

In other words, keep the Torah or else you have no part in salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back