• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

BibFam gets the shoutout... from the pulpit! 😂😂

I wonder how long I am to continue to be married under these circumstances. one year three forever? Living with you woman while she thinks you crazy and disapproves of you teaching and leading doesn't seem something Longterm I could deal with. Thoughts

Never underestimate the power of God to transform lives.

You missed my post about honing our arguments. We always sound like we are right when we are in the echo chamber of Biblical Families, but it is great to see how others who do not see eye to eye with us, will respond, so that we are more prepared to deal with their rebuttals.

I do not feel I need an honing. It has been years since I have seen any new argument on this. The truth is so obvious I do not think it is really even a very challenging debate. Now it is just about the Holy Spirit opening up their hearts to the truth.

Might be a mistake here. Alas, only one woman would marry me, and the term "pillow princess" is not one that is usual for me.
Talking about Walter. Don't be so down. There was another one that would have married you, but obviously, she was not the right material.

Of course. Choose your arguments depending on who you are speaking to. But your experience does not invalidate Mark's, any more than his invalidates yours.

1 Cor 9:19-22
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law

- Is Paul talking about the talmudic Jewish law (modern day religion of Judaism)? For example, washing your hands before eating food? Remember - that was one of the laws that the Messiah was accused of breaking.

(being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ)

- What is the law of God? Is it his everlasting, perfect, and righteous torah?
----------------------------------------
Just something to ponder.

@Earth_is-, this is not the place for that argument. We are talking about a Protestant pastor's preaching on polygamy. Do not attempt to sidetrack this into yet another debate about the definition of law and what law we are to follow. Stick to the topic and don't try to use it as an opportunity to proselytise Torah keeping.

I always enjoy watching these polygyny response videos. Going to watch this one soon. Many of these pastors are "Christian Conservatives." They are quick to point the finger at the "woke" crowd, but how can they expect the "woke" crowd to accept correction; if they themselves are unable to accept correction from the Father in Heaven? All scripture is profitable for correction (2 Timothy 3:16). Revelation 3:16 comes to mind:

16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

So they are not cold like the woke/atheist crowd, because many of them flat out reject there even is a Creator. But they are also not on fire for him either (Matthew 3:11 mentions a baptism with the Holy Spirit and Fire). If they were on fire for Him - would they be twisting and doing violence to his Word? Unless they are deceived ofc, but your response videos always do a good job revealing truth; and showing their faulty logic/error.

Last edited:
@Earth_is-, this is not the place for that argument. We are talking about a Protestant pastor's preaching on polygamy.
The crux of the problem, Samuel, is that he twists the Word. Paul clearly wrote condemning such.

Do not attempt to sidetrack this into yet another debate about the definition of law and what law we are to follow.
This guy would have it be HIS, and only his. And there should be no doubt, it is NOT YHVH's. Yahushua called such "hypocrites."

The crux of the problem, Samuel, is that he twists the Word. Paul clearly wrote condemning such.
We are addressing that.

This guy would have it be HIS, and only his. And there should be no doubt, it is NOT YHVH's. Yahushua called such "hypocrites."
We are focussed on the anti-polygyny rhetoric here, and we will stay focussed on that.

I love that line at the end: "Don't be afraid to go on their YouTube channels and ...push back!" I remember when I first came to this truth, and I remember how worried I was about sticking my neck out on this topic. I know that seems odd coming from someone like myself, but once I knew this was true, I could not hold back any more.

Old Joel loves to cherry pick. Or maybe he forgot to study his Bible.

Genesis 16:5 KJV
And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the Lord judge between me and thee.

Here, into thy bosom clearly means sexual relations. I wonder why he conveniently ignored this and other verses, but instead picked the one time that it didn’t mean that as his example as to why David did not have sex with his wives.

Last edited:

And Sarai said unto Abram, My wrong be upon thee: I have given my maid into thy bosom; and when she saw that she had conceived, I was despised in her eyes: the Lord judge between me and thee.

Here, into thy bosom clearly means sexual relations. I wonder why he conveniently ignored this and other verses, but instead picked the one time that it didn’t mean that as his example as to why Favid did not have sex with his wives.
Even the text Joel picked indicates the exact opposite of what he suggests. The text explicitly states that David didn't have sexual relations with Abishag, presumably because everyone knew that a man having a woman "in his bosom" normally indicates sexual intimacy.

In this one unusual circumstance it didn't mean that, and the Biblical Author (and author) explicitly point it out.

Here, into thy bosom clearly means sexual relations. I wonder why he conveniently ignored this and other verses, but instead picked the one time that it didn’t mean that as his example as to why David did not have sex with his wives.
The most obvious text to compare "in bosom" of 2 Sam. 12:8 is the immediate context, 2 Sam. 12:3 where "lamb/Bathsheba" is in the bosom of Uriah her husband.

A woman "in the bosom" of a man clearly refers to marital intimacy. Joel is desperately grasping at straws, and it won't work.

The most obvious text to compare "in bosom" of 2 Sam. 12:8 is the immediate context, 2 Sam. 12:3 where "lamb/Bathsheba" is in the bosom of Uriah her husband.

A woman "in the bosom" of a man clearly refers to marital intimacy. Joel is desperately grasping at straws, and it won't work.
But you have to remember that he is singing to the choir and he's singing the only tune they want to hear. The vast majority don't want to hear anything different, and that is especially the case with the women. However, if any of them came onto e.g. the Biblical Families forum and started to read the lyrics to this different song, they may very well be surprised and discover monogamy is not the only song in the biblical hymn-book.

It's not about ignoring. It's about not worrying about which group is insisting that they are right. It is about trying to stop this inter squabbling amongst ourselves.
The frequent bickering and arguing detract from the core objectives of this ministry and put people off reading the information in the discussions. It's so bad I can't direct people to this website anymore because I don't want them confronted with such squabbling.

Back