• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating Sites

We have a profile on polygamy.com and while there are a lot women of all ages from all parts of the world. We are a bit reserved and skeptical of all the 19-22 year olds. However we have talked to a few girls and are actually planning on meeting one soon since she lives just a few hours away.

We checked into the polygamy.com site and it seemed pretty good. Very detailed and a lot of effort seems to have been put into creating that site. I am also aware that it is on the same platform as the secondwife.com site which is a Muslim site. The creators of both sites do seem to care about polygamy.

We checked into the polygamy.com site and it seemed pretty good. Very detailed and a lot of effort seems to have been put into creating that site. I am also aware that it is on the same platform as the secondwife.com site which is a Muslim site. The creators of both sites do seem to care about polygamy.

It's my understanding they share the same owner and that polygamy is the non-Muslim sister site. Either way it does seem like a better option then some others considering the few that are focused or open to polygamy at all.

Reactions: Cap
They do have the same owner (see short old thread here). But that isn't necessarily a problem. You could make a sound argument that a Muslim is more likely to manage a dating website along lines that we'd agree with than a completely secular owner would. And the guy behind it has done some interesting online interviews, look him up. He's even got a monogamy-focussed site gomarry.com that is aimed at helping people find spouses, not just date. I like what he is trying to achieve.

It's also hosted outside the USA so isn't affected by the recent changes to US law that saw some US services close. Of course, being hosted in the UAE (I think) could bring some other issues of its own, but I don't know of any drawbacks at this stage.

Why not just start up a BiblicalFamilies dating site? Possibly let membership be restricted to people who have been here awhile and established a good reputation.

FB page be better and free also most people who I know that follow seeking sister wives tv show there heaps seeking in there .
so I feel yes that be a great start must be a closed group tho .

FB page be better and free also most people who I know that follow seeking sister wives tv show there heaps seeking in there .
so I feel yes that be a great start must be a closed group tho .

There are already a number of FB Polygamy Dating pages. I am not saying that should stop anyone from making another one if they can do better. Just FYI in case you were not aware.

"Christian/Muslim/Jewish & Other Polygyny/Polygamy Plural Marriage & Dating"

"Polygamy Personals, Advocacy & Education" - 1797 members

"Find your Polygamy Match( Polygyny ONLY!)" - 10474 members

"Polygyny Courting, & Biblical marriage club" - 425 Members

"Matchmaking for Biblical Christian Polygynists" - 38 Members

"Seeking Plural Marriage & Dating" - 1297 Members

"Seeking Sisterwives the dating Page" - 138 members

"Polygynous Courting and learning" - 366 members

"Polygyny Dating (no triads)" - 111 members

"Polygamous marriage: Dating club" - 1434 members

"PolygamyMeetUp.com" - 2933 members

"Pacific Polygamy MatchMaker" - 575 members

FYI, from my opinion the sisterwives.com site is pretty good, or about as good as it gets compared to dating sites in general. There is a pretty good activity there. Mostly younger crowd. We have met several ladies there. Most are not biblically based but it does offer more of an opportunity now days than there was before. I know a few on BF are over there. Granted there are lots more families, but there does seem to be a steady growth as far as single women signing up. There is also a forum over there that is not used very much but it might be a platform to reveal biblical plural marriage to a group of people that otherwise see polygamy as a another alternative lifestyle to regular marriage.

It's a good place to test out if you are interested in the online dating thing.

Here is something interesting, recently we signed up on OKCupid just for the fun of it. It's not a poly site or a Christian site by any means, but it seems that times are changing.

I created a profile that explained what we are looking for in reference to plural families based on God. Tried to give as much basic information as I could so even if they don't contact us they will still read and maybe a seed is planted.

But, to my surprise, I have had many women contact me to learn more. Sometimes I contact them if their profile seems interesting. Sometimes they say I'm crazy, but more often than not they make comments like it's not for them but they want to know more. I can't imagine finding anyone of interest there, but who knows. It at least seems to me the tide is starting to s l o w l y turn to people becoming comfortable with PM.

Some know I was on OK Cupid for at least 5 years. Generally, I had LOTS of women expressing interest (a few a week). Even 'dated' some of them. Brought one to a BF gathering earlier this year. But, while I learned a lot in the process, my final conclusion was that it wasn't a productive use of my time. It is an endorphin rush to go to the site each day, but I've become convinced that @andrew is on the mark: if it's going to happen, it's going to happen in meatspace. More on this at the retreat.

FYI, from my opinion the sisterwives.com site is pretty good, or about as good as it gets compared to dating sites in general. There is a pretty good activity there. Mostly younger crowd. We have met several ladies there. Most are not biblically based but it does offer more of an opportunity now days than there was before. I know a few on BF are over there. Granted there are lots more families, but there does seem to be a steady growth as far as single women signing up. There is also a forum over there that is not used very much but it might be a platform to reveal biblical plural marriage to a group of people that otherwise see polygamy as a another alternative lifestyle to regular marriage.

It's a good place to test out if you are interested in the online dating thing.

And now we have a coupon!

Some know I was on OK Cupid for at least 5 years. Generally, I had LOTS of women expressing interest (a few a week). Even 'dated' some of them. Brought one to a BF gathering earlier this year. But, while I learned a lot in the process, my final conclusion was that it wasn't a productive use of my time. It is an endorphin rush to go to the site each day, but I've become convinced that @andrew is on the mark: if it's going to happen, it's going to happen in meatspace. More on this at the retreats.

I do the same thing on POF and you are correct that is a lot of effort, but I do get to share my belief and it does reach women, at least to think about it. I regularly get these types of responses. (I use to get a lot of hateful stuff, but it's slowing down) These are from a monogamous dating site!

IMG_20190719_091612_01.jpg

IMG_20190719_092540_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the same thing on POF

I think I tried to set up an account on POF and it asked if I was married, and I said yes and it immediately sent me off to Ashley Madison! LOL

I kind of like the Bumble App because I can specify Christian only.

I am not expecting to find anyone but it is kind of interesting in a people watching way and an occasional interesting discussion.

Never, ever send money to someone that you have not met in person!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/how-to-protect-yourself-online-dating-scam

I have seen this a lot in the online polygamy dating scene. It is so hard to find compatible partners that people are desperate and that makes you vulnerable to this kind of thing.

Remember, you know nothing until you know! Until you have met them in what Andrew calls "meatspace" and other people call real life, you really do not know anything about the other person.

Never, ever send money to someone that you have not met in person!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/how-to-protect-yourself-online-dating-scam

I have seen this a lot in the online polygamy dating scene. It is so hard to find compatible partners that people are desperate and that makes you vulnerable to this kind of thing.

Remember, you know nothing until you know! Until you have met them in what Andrew calls "meatspace" and other people call real life, you really do not know anything about the other person.
Hey I find this advice to be heartless. I’ve been paying the mortgage of a beautiful 21 year old orphan virgin, in Florida, who’s parents passed away a year ago. She lives in her parent’s home. They never gave her a cellphone, all she has is a desktop from the early 90’s, so all she can do is email. We’re planning to meet next year sometime. There are good people out there.

Hey I find this advice to be heartless. I’ve been paying the mortgage of a beautiful 21 year old orphan virgin, in Florida, who’s parents passed away a year ago. She lives in her parent’s home. They never gave her a cellphone, all she has is a desktop from the early 90’s, so all she can do is email. We’re planning to meet next year sometime. There are good people out there.
I have read this several times and lean toward thinking that you're pulling our leg as a way to illustrate @cnystrom's wisdom, but given that I know people who continue to believe that their catfishes are actually mermaids, I'm asking this gently: you aren't really paying off anyone's mortgage, are you?

I have read this several times and lean toward thinking that you're pulling our leg as a way to illustrate @cnystrom's wisdom, but given that I know people who continue to believe that their catfishes are actually mermaids, I'm asking this gently: you aren't really paying off anyone's mortgage, are you?
Thank you for your graciousness and caring attitude in asking this question! :) But no, I was just kidding about that situation.

Thank you for your graciousness and caring attitude in asking this question! :) But no, I was just kidding about that situation.
I am relieved, my brother.

It is true. People really put their hearts before their heads. My sister was catfished for years. Everyone in the family knew it but her, but there was no way we could convince her. Fortunately it was just someone who liked emotional games apparently as they never asked her for money. She was in love for years, but never did get to meet them in person.

Three of you are presently sending me money under various aliases.
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Ok, so I have a non-paying account on sisterwives.com. So I get a message out of the blue from a user named "Carlycart93". She is an attractive 26 year old from College Station, Texas (an easy drive from Austin). She writes, "Hey would love to talk and see if we could match I hope you had a good thanksgiving". Of course the only way I can respond is if I subscribe. She is attractive and nearby and it is only a few dollars, so I subscribe and write back something like "Yes had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope you did, too. Lets meet in the middle (Rockdale?) for coffee and talk about it?"

A week later, no response. I login and can see "she" was apparently on 45 minutes ago.

If I sort a search by new users I can see she has been on for years. She is the oldest one in the Austin area. Like an initial account created by the owners to stock the site.

Why login if you are not going to at least respond to people who you have asked to talk to?

She has not even bothered to catfish me or respond.

It sure seems like the only reason to send me that initial message is to get me to subscribe.

Who would benefit from more subscribers? Sorry Sister Wives owner/admins, but I have to think you are scammers.

Not angry. Fully expected it.

And that is not to say that all users on the site are scammers. I think there is a chance you might find someone on there. Just be aware that everything is not on the up and up.

Back