• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating Sites

Ok, so I have a non-paying account on sisterwives.com. So I get a message out of the blue from a user named "Carlycart93". She is an attractive 26 year old from College Station, Texas (an easy drive from Austin). She writes, "Hey would love to talk and see if we could match I hope you had a good thanksgiving". Of course the only way I can respond is if I subscribe. She is attractive and nearby and it is only a few dollars, so I subscribe and write back something like "Yes had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hope you did, too. Lets meet in the middle (Rockdale?) for coffee and talk about it?"

A week later, no response. I login and can see "she" was apparently on 45 minutes ago.

If I sort a search by new users I can see she has been on for years. She is the oldest one in the Austin area. Like an initial account created by the owners to stock the site.

Why login if you are not going to at least respond to people who you have asked to talk to?

She has not even bothered to catfish me or respond.

It sure seems like the only reason to send me that initial message is to get me to subscribe.

Who would benefit from more subscribers? Sorry Sister Wives owner/admins, but I have to think you are scammers.

Not angry. Fully expected it.

And that is not to say that all users on the site are scammers. I think there is a chance you might find someone on there. Just be aware that everything is not on the up and up.

I agree with you on this. It's happened to me. If you have a profile and it's inactive for a while somehow this young model comes out of the blue to try and get you to subscribe back up. It's never a reasonable person. I have noticed there is less activity on that site lately.

I agree with you on this. It's happened to me. If you have a profile and it's inactive for a while somehow this young model comes out of the blue to try and get you to subscribe back up. It's never a reasonable person. I have noticed there is less activity on that site lately.
Young models aren’t reasonable people?
I’m crushed.
Crushed, I tell you. :(

Exactly. And they are lazy. If they were diligent scammers they would at least catfish you for a while to seem like a real person, so it would be difficult to tell.

But they just send the one message and get you to subscribe and then not even bother to cover their tracks with some actual conversation.

Reactions: Cap
Exactly. And they are lazy. If they were diligent scammers they would at least catfish you for a while to seem like a real person, so it would be difficult to tell.

But they just send the one message and get you to subscribe and then not even bother to cover their tracks with some actual conversation.
It’s probably not all that easy to keep thousands on the hook, they don’t have time for a follow-up relationship.
The catfishen already happened.

Never been to any of those sites, don't care to... seems a better chance to simply build f2f friendships with many in my daily and ministry life and speak life and truth. Let God handle the rest.

I'll tell you this, there is no shortage of single ladies out there who just appreciate a kind word, listening ear and caring heart. The beauty of learning and understanding plural is that I can be very open and caring with the multitude of hurting singles without the internal concern of 'adultery.' Now, if Yah opens the door for more, I'll walk through it. In the meantime, I can encourage a dozen single ladies I know with prayer, a word in season, a smile, etc.

Why try online connections? There are millions of needy ladies! Just walk in righteousness without ulterior motives and enjoy the freedom of being a plural male!

In the meantime, I can encourage a dozen single ladies I know with prayer, a word in season, a smile, steve’s phone number, etc.
Fixed it :cool:

Never been to any of those sites, don't care to... seems a better chance to simply build f2f friendships with many in my daily and ministry life and speak life and truth. Let God handle the rest.

I'll tell you this, there is no shortage of single ladies out there who just appreciate a kind word, listening ear and caring heart. The beauty of learning and understanding plural is that I can be very open and caring with the multitude of hurting singles without the internal concern of 'adultery.' Now, if Yah opens the door for more, I'll walk through it. In the meantime, I can encourage a dozen single ladies I know with prayer, a word in season, a smile, etc.

Why try online connections? There are millions of needy ladies! Just walk in righteousness without ulterior motives and enjoy the freedom of being a plural male!

The funny thing is you won't find them at the local church. Those women have got it all figured out.

The funny thing is you won't find them at the local church. Those women have got it all figured out.
I haven't been in a church in 8 years.... ;)

What I do know is life is full of broken ladies who desire covering. They just don't know the solution. I have found that I can be a healing balm to those I see on a regular basis. Biblical marriage is not the 'goal' but comes up on ocassions. The goal is to be an ambassador for Messiah's live where many don't see it otherwise, even in the churches they may attend.

Not all of us are handsome former Army Rangers. :)

Seriously though, I don't use or recommend polygamy dating sites. I do not know of any success stories. All the successful polygamists I knew attracted wives with face to face relationships like you say. I am in 100% agreement with you.

When I did get the e-mail I thought it would be good to document the scam as a warning to others. Hopefully my post does that.

I do not know of any success stories. All the successful polygamists I knew attracted wives with face to face relationships like you say. I am in 100% agreement with you.
People can encounter one another online; it doesn't have to be a poly dating site, and still build a sound relationship before meeting face to face. Those relationships can then grow to be wonderful unions. Perhaps we need to think outside of the box a little and anticipate God's hand of providential guidance in our lives(?) I like to look at the lives of men like e.g. Jacob and Joseph, and see the invisible hand of God guiding them into their family and employment opportunities. Jacob had 4 wives who gave him 12 sons. Amazing! Joseph was hated by his brothers, sold into slavery, but became 2IC in Egypt. Amazing! God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think (Eph. 3:20), and He does.

Thanks for the reminder/warning about scammers but they aren't restricted to dating sites. I've met a few scammers/gold diggers in person and they can be very good (bad) in their deception. Cheers

I've met a few scammers/gold diggers in person and they can be very good (bad) in their deception
Sadly true, and some aren’t even trying to scam. They are just self centered people who can only see themselves as victims. No idea of fairness beyond what they think that they need.

You haven't met that nice young Indian med student that sits behind him and his wife at his church.

It’s easier to “evangelize date” ( I think that’s was it was called) then to wrap ones mind around plural marriage. My son was introduced to this concept at a church we visited earlier this year. Once it was named, it stuck out like a sore thumb!!
Guy (usually an unbeliever) sees girl he’s interested in. He asks her out, she says “sure, but our dates are at church” the mindset is the Pastor will ‘lead him to the Lord’, or he at least begins to faithfully attend, then they’ll be equally yoked. She’s not interested in anyone in the church cus they’re all playing the Christian game, but if she can bring someone in, they profess Christianity, then she can get married to this new convert.

It’s easier to “evangelize date” ( I think that’s was it was called) then to wrap ones mind around plural marriage. My son was introduced to this concept at a church we visited earlier this year. Once it was named, it stuck out like a sore thumb!!
Guy (usually an unbeliever) sees girl he’s interested in. He asks her out, she says “sure, but our dates are at church” the mindset is the Pastor will ‘lead him to the Lord’, or he at least begins to faithfully attend, then they’ll be equally yoked. She’s not interested in anyone in the church cus they’re all playing the Christian game, but if she can bring someone in, they profess Christianity, then she can get married to this new convert.
This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg

Didn't the Moabites use their women as bait to 'evangelize' the Israelites? Thinking that didn't end very well.... true, it was role reversal, but....

Didn't the Moabites use their women as bait to 'evangelize' the Israelites? Thinking that didn't end very well.... true, it was role reversal, but....
It is role reversal, but there is a different dynamic in play here. The unbeliever will eventually want sex, and doesn't care to wait for marriage, and he has been with at least three or four other young women. The Moabite women didn't care for marriage either. They just wanted to seduce the Israelis, in order to form an alliance, and had no intention of submitting to those men as a wife would have been required to do.

What gets me is some men are so easily led.
-She set the rule -date me on my terms. At what point will she submit to him? Now he’s a ‘Good boy’ and he’s brought into submission to the preacher, her daddy and herself.
So she still came out with the ‘submitted man’ she was already avoiding at church, or were the men there avoiding her type? (Not all women are like this!!!!)
He’ll have to fight a battle for headship to be a man over his own house, if that girl has the lead to long or intends to keep the leadership role.

Some girls like to play games and see how far they can get the man to bend to her terms. Some see what that man is like and thinks, if he’s now a Christian I can marry him and be right with the Church. I can change him after we get married. Society has taught girls that the men should conform to the woman’s image. (It’s not just women teaching their girls this, it’s some men’s actions that prove they can be led). It’s backwards, we are to conform into the image of Christ, so IMO it applies to marriage. (Women) Conform to the lifestyle of the man you submit your life to. If he’s an outdoorsman, cheer him on, butcher the animals at his side, go hunt with him. If he’s a gamer- do gaming stuff, a farmer... the idea that a woman can marry and change the man, may be feminist but it began in the garden, it’s not a new thing.. She led, he followed.
I think it’s a game for some of these types of women on dating sites. They have the thrill of leading a man or family on because they know some men are desperate to have that trophy badge of being a man of many wives. Some men are desperate to have a good woman because the one they now have aren’t doing it for them. Then you have the men that sincerely want to add to his family, need/want another helpmeet. He has a good wife, he wants to give another good woman a family to be fulfilled in and help fulfill his vision , the Lord has given that man.
We’re not taught the woman was made for the man, just that a man needs a woman. This has contributed to turning society and homes on it’s head. Men are desperate and women know she’s got what he needs....this may also contribute to the negativity for polygyny. ‘Men control yourself, one woman should do.’
I guess that’s my frustration I see with mono/poly dating sites. There are some people seeking dates because they’re desperate, bored or lonely. Some don’t realize there are men that are seeking a woman they can lead and love or a woman seeking a man she will obey and submit too. It’s about feel goods and good looks not equally-yoked, common threads, understanding ones role in marriage, and quality/character of that person or that family.
I do believe there are some good hearted women on these sites, seeking to add to a man’s home, to be a godly helpmeet. It’s likely they get snatched up pretty quick.
That being said I know about three monogamous couples who met their mate on an online dating network and have married and are doing well. I’m not sure how many people they had to filter through before ‘the one’.

Last edited:
The LDS church when I was in college tried to recruit me into a "Date now, Marry Later, Convert Eventually" scheme. Real weird. Didn't take....

If he’s an outdoorsman, cheer him on, butcher the animals at his side, go hunt with him. If he’s a gamer- do gaming stuff, a farmer...

That's what's up. Esau's wives do Esau things and Jacob's wives do Jacob things.
Although I find the imagery of a non gamer girl learning to farm on like WoW or something and just dying inside hilarious. Like the polar opposite of Tim Allen's '97 movie "For Richer or Poorer".

Man this thread has gone "Meat"-y all of a sudden! So much to unpack! So if we don't want to use poly dating sites, the alternative is meeting single women, who probably never considered poly or male headship FTM, which is also true for most on the poly sites. All the more reason to get those patriarchy memes out there!

Back