• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Lunar Sabbaths

I can't help but notice, as someone who's kept a seventh day Sabbath for over 15 years, after keeping Sunday, then Saturday for 5 years, and now the luni-solar Sabbath for the last 10 years, how much time and effort people take to try to convince people not to keep the luni-solar Sabbath, even though they are open to "keeping" any other "Sabbath", and they usually don't even "keep" any of them in a serious way. It's like they only exist to mock and be naysayers. I can provide, and in times past, have provided Scriptures that point to the luni-solar Sabbath, and historical evidence that the Sabbath was originally dependent on the lunar cycle, just like the other Biblical appointed times, as well as historical evidence that the Gregorian week has been interrupted more than once, and prophecy from Hosea and Lamentations that were fulfilled saying that the Sabbath and all the other appointed times were forgotten by both Judah and Israel, but when faced with those truths, naysayers will either reject the Sabbath or run to another solar based falsehood. Yahusha spoke of these people who will always reject truth when He said:
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either."
If you feel led to research the luni-solar Sabbath, don't let those who sit in the seat of scoffers discourage and distract you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109-171924~2.png
    Screenshot_20240109-171924~2.png
    281.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240109-205938.png
    Screenshot_20240109-205938.png
    925.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240109-205951.png
    Screenshot_20240109-205951.png
    887.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240109-210012.png
    Screenshot_20240109-210012.png
    933.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240109-210046.png
    Screenshot_20240109-210046.png
    820.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240109-210055.png
    Screenshot_20240109-210055.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 7
I can't help but notice, as someone who's kept a seventh day Sabbath for over 15 years, after keeping Sunday, then Saturday for 5 years, and now the luni-solar Sabbath for the last 10 years, how much time and effort people take to try to convince people not to keep the luni-solar Sabbath, even though they are open to "keeping" any other "Sabbath", and they usually don't even "keep" any of them in a serious way. It's like they only exist to mock and be naysayers. I can provide, and in times past, have provided Scriptures that point to the luni-solar Sabbath, and historical evidence that the Sabbath was originally dependent on the lunar cycle, just like the other Biblical appointed times, as well as historical evidence that the Gregorian week has been interrupted more than once, and prophecy from Hosea and Lamentations that were fulfilled saying that the Sabbath and all the other appointed times were forgotten by both Judah and Israel, but when faced with those truths, naysayers will either reject the Sabbath or run to another solar based falsehood. Yahusha spoke of these people who will always reject truth when He said:
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either."
If you feel led to research the luni-solar Sabbath, don't let those who sit in the seat of scoffers discourage and distract you.
There is no evidence for a lunar based sabbath. The closest I’ve ever seen are claims that the current system must be wrong and that is somehow then used to assert that the lunar sabbath must be right but that is a of course illogical. The current system could be a satanic falsehood and lunar sabbaths still not have an ounce more validity.

What is needed is any kind of description in scripture of anything resembling a lunar sabbath. It doesn’t have to be as detailed and specific as the commands surrounding the seventh day sabbath. Let’s face it, few things in life are that clearly and specifically laid out. But it would help if there were some mention of it somewhere.

Personally I’m happy resting on any day of the week and depending on who I’m spending time with I adjust to fit in with their household. The apostle Paul did so and so do I.

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”

Basically, pick one day in seven and call that your sabbath. So if you wake up from a coma on a deserted island with no idea what day of the week it is then pick one day out of seven for your sabbath and reserve it for God.

God doesn't care what day you pick. What matters is your obedience.

If Enoch is correct, he is describing the pre-flood world. The speed of the earth's rotation could have altered since then, changing the number of days in the year. So Enoch may be true while also being no longer accurate. I'm not stating this is fact, just pointing out the variables to take into consideration.
The Earth has no speed since it is level and doesn't move. i just found this out in 2021 lol flatearthdave.com that's why i am interest in the sabath and 28 day 13 moonths calendar if i start worshiping on the sabath i want to make sure it's GOD's Sabbath, any help would be appreciated.

The Earth has no speed since it is level and doesn't move. i just found this out in 2021 lol flatearthdave.com that's why i am interest in the sabath and 28 day 13 moonths calendar if i start worshiping on the sabath i want to make sure it's GOD's Sabbath, any help would be appreciated.
Oh please! We already debunked this stuff! Flat earthers don't understand mathematics.

Here is a resource that gives more up to date sunrise and sunset calculations, based on a mostly spherical earth shape. https://gml.noaa.gov/grad/solcalc/calcdetails.html

This is more precise than previous calculations, which I know to have been somewhat accurate, as I have implemented those algorithms.

For more detailed explanation , look here:

Last edited:
Oh please! We already debunked this stuff! Flat earthers don't understand mathematics.

Here is a resource that gives more up to date sunrise and sunset calculations, based on a mostly spherical earth shape. https://gml.noaa.gov/grad/solcalc/calcdetails.html

This is more precise than previous calculations, which I know to have been somewhat accurate, as I have implemented those algorithms.

why didn't you get the three bitcoins? they're worth about 140,000 dollars. edit,https://www.theflatearthpodcast.com

Oh please! We already debunked this stuff!
@Steven Ryan, if you want to discuss flat earth issues, please first do a search on the forum for "flat earth" and read previous discussions on this topic, so we don't end up going over the same ground once again. This has been a common topic of conversation here.
Flat earth:
To be blunt @Earth_is- and @b_ce, you've been hoodwinked. NASA didn't invent the spherical earth, people have known that forever. Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the spherical earth to a high degree of accuracy way back in 240BC, using two sticks and some smart maths, and sailors have relied on the earth being spherical forever. However in the mid-2000s a group of atheists got together and decided to revive this whole flat-earth idea online as a way of discrediting conservative Christians. They succeeded beyond their wildest imaginations. Conspiracies are real, the shape of the earth truly is a conspiracy, and you've been taken in by it.

If Eratosthenes could calculate the earth's circumference in 240BC, even you and I can easily demonstrate to ourselves that it is a sphere using our own eyes and brains. I have considered this very carefully, taken my own measurements, and I know the earth is a sphere not because anyone else told me, but because I have confirmed it for myself very easily. If you want to know how to check this yourselves using simple observations, let me know and I would be glad to help you.

But I'm not going to try and persuade you if you're unwilling and would continue to believe this whatever your eyes showed you, because as @Joleneakamama says:
You can't reason someone out of a position he didn't use reason to get into.

I am NOT lunar sabbath but I am Biblical Sabbath. I also have the flat earth app on my phone, flatearthdave.com has some good stuff. With all that said let's NOT DERAIL this thread into a Flat Earth discussion.

lol.jpg

Sorry Brother you have been played heres the math.https://youtu.be/p8ZEFWBUIrE?si=lFLtciJyMuahQbCK

I am NOT lunar sabbath but I am Biblical Sabbath. I also have the flat earth app on my phone, flatearthdave.com has some good stuff. With all that said let's NOT DERAIL this thread into a Flat Earth discussion.
i am concerned about when to worship the lunar callender has 28 days and obviously 4 Sabboths if this can be proven to be scripturally proper today ( i discovered Pete Rambo videos about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry Brother you have been played heres the math.https://youtu.be/p8ZEFWBUIrE?si=lFLtciJyMuahQbCK
Sorry man! That video doesn't address the math that I have had hands on experience using. I made no reference whatsoever to boats disappearing bottom first. Shall we continue this discussion in the Flat Earth thread?

So as I now recall, I believe it is purported that each and every month was 30 days prior to the flood.

https://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/TechnicalNotes15.html The site needs to update to properly display the unicode characters. This page is more than 10 years old.
3% of the earth's mass launched into space by the fountains of the great deep (noting that no present-day volcano launches anything into space)? Being crustal rock thrown up by water under the crust erupting out, and carrying lots of water with it?
The earth's crust today is estimated to be only 0.5% of the earth's total mass. Most of the earth's mass is magma etc. So they're basically proposing that 6/7ths of the earth's crust was thrown into space, leaving a tiny bit of crust that we have today, without destroying the surface of the earth - leaving it covered with water and not killing Noah. How does that work, can you draw a picture of it?
They've done a tonne of fancy maths, but it's all based on a completely ridiculous idea as far as I can see. Too much physics, too little common sense. To make the equations work they've had to propose so much mass being ejected into orbit that it no longer makes a lick of sense.

But I agree the rotational velocity may have changed at the time of the flood. This is what naturally would occur if the water vapour canopy theory is correct. If earth was surrounded by a water canopy gravitationally linked to it and rotating at the same velocity, and then this mass fell to the surface, the effect would be the same as if you're spinning on a chair with weights held at the end of your arms, and you pull your arms in - rotational velocity would increase.

3% of the earth's mass launched into space by the fountains of the great deep (noting that no present-day volcano launches anything into space)? Being crustal rock thrown up by water under the crust erupting out, and carrying lots of water with it?
The earth's crust today is estimated to be only 0.5% of the earth's total mass. Most of the earth's mass is magma etc. So they're basically proposing that 6/7ths of the earth's crust was thrown into space, leaving a tiny bit of crust that we have today, without destroying the surface of the earth - leaving it covered with water and not killing Noah. How does that work, can you draw a picture of it?
They've done a tonne of fancy maths, but it's all based on a completely ridiculous idea as far as I can see. Too much physics, too little common sense. To make the equations work they've had to propose so much mass being ejected into orbit that it no longer makes a lick of sense.

But I agree the rotational velocity may have changed at the time of the flood. This is what naturally would occur if the water vapour canopy theory is correct. If earth was surrounded by a water canopy gravitationally linked to it and rotating at the same velocity, and then this mass fell to the surface, the effect would be the same as if you're spinning on a chair with weights held at the end of your arms, and you pull your arms in - rotational velocity would increase.
Well, we all know the problems with the Water Vapor Canopy Theory. There is no possible way that it could have held the entirety of the water that flooded the earth, without resulting in conditions on earth that make life impossible. Now Dr. Hovind proposes a hybrid of VC with HP Theory and presents some rather compelling arguments that Dr. Brown has not been able to address, at least according to Dr. Hovind, but VC cannot hold the explanation for all the water it would have been required to contain. So Dr. Hovind proposes that the rupture event of the HP, led to the destruction of the VC. I don't hold an opinion, one way or the other on that, and until Dr. Brown proposes some other mechanism for the "hyperbolic chamber" effect that very well may have been in effect prior to the flood, I cannot dismiss Hovind's theory.

Now if you were to do more research on the HP theory, you would realize that this theory holds that the magma that is currently present in earth's outer core, was according to HP, caused by the friction that resulted from the plates constant movement, especially early post rupture event. So when he references the percentage of earth's mass that was launched into outer space, that would have been the amount prior to the melting of much of earth's crust that seeped into the outer core. The fact that volcanoes do not spew out anywhere near that percentage is irrellevant, because the volcanoes, according to HP, are the result of the constant shifting and subsequent friction, whereas the rupture event was a one time occurrence, where the water was locked well below earth's crust and had much greater weight causing the pressure, and initially, the crack that formed in the initial stage of the rupture event, was much narrower than the opening of an explosive volcano. In addition, the rupture event wasa global event, in that the rupture spread around the globe at a rate estimated to be 3 miles per second, according to HP.

The reason Dr. Brown proposes 3%, is that HP theory holds that this event holds explanative power for the origin of the comets, asteroids and TNOs, as well as many of the moons that surround other planets. Obviously, if we were to reduce that amount to perhaps half of those bodies in our solar system, it would significantly reduce the amount necessary to be ejected from the earth.

Back