• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

They actually had a job description called "fact checkers," and they ACTUALLY checked facts. (There was even a Hollywood movie, way back when...I forget - was it 'The Freshman'?)

They actually had a job description called "fact checkers," and they ACTUALLY checked facts. (There was even a Hollywood movie, way back when...I forget - was it 'The Freshman'?)

I thought that was a mob comedy, no?

Articles about Marxism nature of taxation:

What I find most interesting is how pervasive thinking of "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is.

One of the most important messages I hope to communicate to my brothers and sisters. I think it is mistake to do lip service regarding "sola fide" and communicate something contrary to it from a pulpit or in application. I do not mean to start a discussion, I just hope to remind people "justificatio sola fide". May it be a blessing to whomever.

If a farmer tags a sheep on the ear to mark it, is it blemished such that it is unfit for sacrifice? What are your thoughts?
I would think yes, it would be blemished so it was unfit for sacrifice at the Temple, so if there was a temple and you were supplying lambs to it you would not tag them. However, given there is no temple at present, and there were no eartags in Biblical times, I'm struggling to understand why you ask the question - it seems irrelevant to either the present or the past.

I would think yes, it would be blemished so it was unfit for sacrifice at the Temple, so if there was a temple and you were supplying lambs to it you would not tag them. However, given there is no temple at present, and there were no eartags in Biblical times, I'm struggling to understand why you ask the question - it seems irrelevant to either the present or the past.
It may have just been a random comment...

It may have just been a random comment...
What we call “bait” in this neck of the woods.

Edit: you probably didn’t mean it as bait, that doesn’t deter us.

there were no eartags in Biblical times

Cutting animals ears was and in some places still is an accepted practice for marking ownership. But branding has been around since ancient times and would probably be the best analogue to ear tagging.

Of note is we use bright yellow ear tags on our bison.

Cutting animals ears was and in some places still is an accepted practice for marking ownership. But branding has been around since ancient times and would probably be the best analogue to ear tagging.

Of note is we use bright yellow ear tags on our bison.
We use both cut earmarks and ear tags on the every animal. They each give different information, and earmarks can't rip off. Branding hasn't been used on any farm I've known in my lifetime, it's far more brutal, but we've still got all the equipment hanging on the wall from a couple of generations back.

This is going to be a rich person thing just like here. (Or boss tier nerd guy that designed and built it themselves)
I have a friend in SA who I have talked to about guns a fair amount and they are hard to get, Severely limited on ammunition and thin as can be on the ground.
Limited to rich at start.

Limited to middle class in next decade.

Available in poorest house in next decade.

State can't fight against cost reduction provided by state. Don't forgot best part of offering. Imagine playing almost harmless Call of Duty in real life on people you hate.

Back