• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Some Einstein sh..tuff, science discussion

@Earth_is-

I do not need NASA to tell me that the Earth is round, I do not need the Bible telling me that it is flat. I can figure that out myself.

As part of my sailing qualification, I was taught to navigate without electronics in the event of a system failure. So get a fix using a sextant, then calculate the position. The math would not work with a flat earth.

Also there is the wind. On a long passage one deviates from the most direct route to get better trade winds. Sometimes by hundreds of nautical miles. On a flat earth, winds would go in a straight line, from the high pressure area, to a low pressure area. Simple physics. However winds do not act like this, they arch. They arch because of Coriolis, cause by the rotating earth. Which is annoying because one is constantly adjusting the sails, and course to get a better angle. They are pieces on the sails called telltales, that, well, tell the tale of the wind.
Psalm 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations, never to be moved.

Psalm 19:6
6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.

Earth does not move. It’s the sun and moon that move around the earth. Both - the sun and moon - are not millions of miles away. They are very local. Very close to the earth. So your entire understanding of cosmology is a perversion. Best lies start in the classroom when we are too young to question the adults.

Last edited:
Psalm 104:5
He set the earth on its foundations, never to be moved.

Psalm 19:6
6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end. Nothing can hide from its heat.

Earth does not move. It’s the sun and moon that move around the earth. Both - the sun and moon - are not millions of miles away. They are very local. Very close to the earth. So your entire understanding of cosmology is a perversion. Best lies start in the classroom when we are too young to question adults.
The sun goes down and returns to the place where it rises. https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/1-5.htm

The sun goes down and returns to the place where it rises. https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/1-5.htm
There’s multiple verses that clearly say it’s the sun that moves around the earth.

The sun is not at the center. This is a lie from Satan. The sun and moon move around the earth. Why do you think atheists love to worship the sun? Because they think it’s the sun that gives life and it’s the sun that is at the center. When in fact it’s the Creator that gives life, and the sun is not at the center.

The Bible doesn't say that it is flat.
It says - over and over - that it can not be moved:

1 Chronicles 16:30
Tremble before Him, all the earth;
Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved.

Psalm 96:10
Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns;
Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved;

Job 38:14
IMG_6817.jpeg

See that is what I meant that the Bible is not verbatim Gods's word. It needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Some of the people did not have a clue about, well, anything.

I imagine there was a moment in Heaven when God was lamenting to Gabriel about the philistines that are butchering his teachings.

If I duct tape you to the bow of a boat, and sail you around the world, would you believe that the world is round?

Last edited:
If I duct tape you to the bow of a boat, and sail you around the world, would you believe that the world is round?
Believing stupid stuff like that doesn't get people killed, like taking a "booster" injection has, nor does it stifle kid's minds, like masking them and forcing them to re-breathe their own exhaust gasses.

Back