• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Torah vs Grace?

@ZecAustin and other's of the guild....

Was in a litany of musicals in a very nice small town theatre.. some supporting cast, some lead roles. The ones I remember are Heidi, Brigadoon, Amahl and the Nigh Visitors (lead, full opera with off-Broadway costar!), The Sound of Music, Guys and Dolls,. ..

I think the Father 'saved me' from showbiz.... even at the local level there were all kinds of crazies, affairs, debauchery, etc. I was somewhat protected because of my youth, but many of the adults were off the chain.

@ZecAustin and other's of the guild....

Was in a litany of musicals in a very nice small town theatre.. some supporting cast, some lead roles. The ones I remember are Heidi, Brigadoon, Amahl and the Nigh Visitors (lead, full opera with off-Broadway costar!), The Sound of Music, Guys and Dolls,. ..

I think the Father 'saved me' from showbiz.... even at the local level there were all kinds of crazies, affairs, debauchery, etc. I was somewhat protected because of my youth, but many of the adults were off the chain.
Yeah, even in our small town there was always some ugliness going on around the edges.

The early church fathers loved to rail against the theater. Nothing seems to have changed in 2000 years.

Really makes me curious why that is.
In my experience, most of 'church' IS theater. But, easier to point out the splinter in the eye of another than acknowledge their own....

In my experience, most of 'church' IS theater. But, easier to point out the splinter in the eye of another than acknowledge their own....

Well more like concert. Different sort of thing.

And I've not been shy about criticizing church practices either.

She (Sisterwife Judah) had a sister called (Sisterwife Israel), who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. But (Sisterwife Judah) was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, ‘Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.’ And Jesus answered and said to her, ‘(Sisterwife Judah), (Sisterwife Judah), you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and (Sisterwife Israel) has chosen that good part, which will not be taken from her’ ” (Luke 10:39-42 CIV) (CAP INTERNATIONAL VERSION)

Luke 10:39-42 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” 41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

I don't at all believe that the Son of God was telling Martha that she was wrong and that Mary was right, what I do think He was saying is that what Martha was doing was right but what Mary was doing was better, and between the two they would serve Him, TOGETHER.

I personally love the 10 Suggestions... :p

Nah.... easy grace. They're only commandments if you feel like it... 'the law doesn't work like a law anymore.....'
I was gonna leave that one alone because I thought the fallacy spoke for itself. But since you pointed it out...

Back