• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat (April 20-22, 2018)

If the retreat is going to be in Vegas, I don’t know that @Asforme&myhouse and I can make it. :/ so bummed.

I did get several quotes in my inbox for Vegas this morning ranging from $79-93 plus 10-13% tax- and most of them have a fee for the conference room. @andrew, if you want to pm me an email I can forward the quotes to you, I can.

Well, I hate to think that that might rule y'all out, but we have to at least look at the Vegas quotes to see how competitive they are. I'll PM you.

Caution to everyone. I worked on this for a while when the plan was for Cali.
  • There is always fine print.
  • There often is bait and switch.
  • The quotes are rarely for weekends.
  • The "meeting rooms" are sometimes nothing more than the breakfast room.
I will be happy to help out again, but it can be frustrating.

My help still needed?

I just forwarded a bunch of stuff from Kevin and WOHY (thanks, y'all!) to Julie and Nathan for review. Let's sit tight and see what they say, then go from there.

:rolleyes::D:eek::p

Barring some last minute miracle or roadblock, we have settled on a nice hotel near the Tucson airport, with a decent meeting room, and $79 rate.
I know this is tougher for those to the north, but it's a doable I-10 drive from southern Cal to Texas, and flights from many cites to Tucson are reasonable,
and if you fly, you should not need a rental car (hotel shuttle and those with cars should suffice to airport and any meals out).
Actual retreat details should go out next week.

I'm sorry this one was so tough, I was really surprised about Vegas this time around, which we've done successfully twice in the past. Thanks to all those who spent time on this retreat (esp Mojo!).

Last edited:
We're in. Can't wait!

Any idea...ballpark...of when a good time to arrive and depart would be? So events aren't missed.

Any idea...ballpark...of when a good time to arrive and depart would be? So events aren't missed.

First session is 7p Friday evening - don't miss this if at all possible. We usually wrap up at lunch Sunday, but I'm sure there will be unofficial fellowship continuing the rest of Sunday for those who can stay longer.

I don’t think we can swing that. SUCH A BUMMER, I’ve been hoping for fellowship for so many years :( I hope those that can make it have great time.

Any west coasters that can’t swing such a southern retreat, maybe we can meet in a more central location for fellowship?

@Sonshine , @Sparkles , and I won't be able to attend this one. Hopefully next time though! We're greatly looking forward to attending our first retreat and meeting everyone. :) Hope you all have a blessed and wonderful time! :)

Boo! But it's all in God's hands and His timing.

And if y'all ever could put together a weekend getaway to Texas…. ;)

must ... resist... urge to covet retreat...

Or get Nathan to find you a cheap plane ticket (he has a Gift). Either way. :D

I don’t think we can swing that. SUCH A BUMMER, I’ve been hoping for fellowship for so many years :( I hope those that can make it have great time.

I am so bummed too! I was really hoping something would work out that was close enough for you guys. It definitely has been one of our harder searches. Also, @WifeOfHisYouth , thank you for all your help in searching. I will plan on keeping those hotels for future reference in case we come that way someday. Maybe a Femina Retreat??

West Coast prices are insane! Sorry we couldn't get it done somewhere else.

Back