• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

West Coast Retreat (April 20-22, 2018)

Ok so I'm waiting on emails about request for a group discount and price of conference room. Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel wants 1000 for the Houston ball room but will wave that if we get food and drinks. Most quote there normal price at 120 a night even when directed to advertising that stated other wise. The lady at Texas Station said she was requesting a 85 a night charge.

Yeah, the tricky part is finding that group sales manager that's ready to cut a deal. And the prices you can find on the discount sites are a little misleading in the sense that you could book one room through hotels.com and get away with it, but I'll bet you couldn't book 20 at that rate. So you end up having to start from scratch with the group sales guy or gal, and the internet discount rate is just one of the data points that gets thrown in the conversation.

Probably not helpful (and I won't be there anyway), but:
  • Mesquite, NV? 80+ miles from Las Vegas airport, 30+ mi. from St. George, UT.
  • Medford or Bend, OR? They have airports.
  • Winnemucca, NV? 2-2.5 hrs. NE of Reno, and cheap.
I'm an off-the-beaten-path guy.

I was looking at hotelplanner.com for different group rates. You can specify different needs (such as conference room). I was looking up in Portland, Or and got a group quote for 90/ room per night (plus tax) for 20 rooms at Country Inn & Suites Portland Airport. They have free breakfast and a conference room that could be rented (she lowered the rent to $150 per day- that included the space, chairs and tables). They also have a little restaurant on site that could serve food if we wanted to add that in. Also, the conference room could be opened up to the outdoor courtyard to do an indoor/out door venue. It is close to the Portland airport and they have an airport shuttle.
Oh I called our event a Family Reunion. We are family right? ;)

Thanks guys for all the help, I think I will wait til Monday and see what any of you find.
As for not-Vegas, I think we have more from southern areas this time, and we like to be near a major airport, for cheaper airfare. (And close enough for not needing rental cars is nice - hotel shuttle.). Max $600 for room rental for weekend, please, I'm not sure about getting 'food and drink' from them, but I'm open to a quote. The last couple retreats have run at a negative cash flow, and we can't keep that up.

Oh, my best wild guess right now is that we may be looking at 25-30 adults, so 11-15 rooms.

As for not-Vegas, I think we have more from southern areas this time, and we like to be near a major airport, for cheaper airfare.
Phoenix? Tucson? Albuquerque?

Got a quote for best western in Roseville Ca for $82 per night plus 6 percent tax. (20mins from Sacramento) The conference room is available all day Fri and Sat and after 1pm on Sunday (they have a church that meets there Sunday morning from 10-12). The conference room is free with 10 booked rooms. They have complementary breakfast.

I am waiting to hear back from a few places in mesquite. They do have an airport shuttle and pretty good rates as far as I’ve seen.

@Kevin, did you ever hear back from anybody?...

Thanks! :cool:

Back