• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Winter Retreat????

Well, for those keeping up with this saga, we have a new Chapter! So, our retreat hotel is having technical difficulties so that is why the room block can't be seen. The sales rep hopes to have it fixed by tonight but I am just hoping by Monday. If the technical difficulties are not fixed by Sunday night then I will have to ask everyone who wants to make a reservation to message me privately, at retreats@biblicalfamilies.org or the BF's inbox, with their desired dates, room type and number of adults/child attending. I will send the list to the sales rep and he will make the reservations himself. You will just need to give your name and payment when you check in.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, and so is the sales rep. He felt really bad once he realized that things were not working like he thought. So, I am going with the attitude that the harder it gets to make this retreat happen the more it really should happen!

So, I am going with the attitude that the harder it gets to make this retreat happen the more it really should happen!
That is an awesome attitude!

@julieb, I was just talking with someone from Biblical Families (well-known major attender of retreats) who didn't know anything about it.

Is there any way we could send out an email message to let people know it's happening?

Given that most people who are here on online don't go to them, and most people who attend don't come online, we might be missing a lot of potential attendees.

@Keith Martin, I actually did send out a few "extra" emails to those I thought might want to attend but aren't on the Forum a lot. I know the information isn't being sent out more widely without the Newsletter happening right now. I am happy to send it to them if they want to email me for it. I will take another look at our past retreat attendees and see if I think someone else would like to have the information.

Hi everyone, it looks like the technical difficulty hasn't yet been fixed. Not sure if it will. So, I am going to have to ask everyone to send me an email, reply to my retreat info email or use retreats@biblicalfamilies.org, or DM me and let me know what date you will be arriving, departing and what type of room(s) you will be wanting. Also, please let me know how many adults and children that will be attending. At check-in you will just need to give your name and payment. I am very sorry to have this be more complicated than it needed to be.

Reminder: if you do talk with someone who would like to attend the retreat, please have them contact me for the information. Do not forward the information. This enables us to keep track of those attending, vet anyone who is new, and have a contact email for them. Thank you.

I will be emailing all the reservations I have received up to this point on Friday. If you are planning on attending the Winter Retreat in February but haven't contacted me please do as soon as you are able with your reservation specifics. Reminder, the deadline for room reservations is Feb. 11th.

Can't wait to see many of you soon!

Kristin and I are both looking forward to seeing everyone there.

We are sooo looking forward to seeing everyone!

We couldn't make a retreat happen in January for various reasons but we are hoping February will work as well or maybe better for some folks. So, if you are interested in some sunny weather (and the beach!) then mark this date down, February 18-20, 2022. We will be meeting in a hotel with a conference room in Orange Beach, Alabama. Please email us at retreats@biblicalfamilies.org or post on this thread, to let us know you are interested and we will send out the details to you. If you have any questions please feel free to message me or email me at julie@biblicalfamilies.org.

Looking forward to seeing you!
Curtis & Lynn Gerhart (& Kelly :) will be there!

It's almost time to gather together!! So excited!!! I have a count down on my phone. @Edward and @Keith Martin do I need to plan any midnight snacks for you two??
You made me laugh out loud!

Thanks, but maybe I'll just bring mushrooms this time . . .

Just throwing this out here:

Long story, and even the short version you'll have to attend the retreat to hear, but due to daughter Holly Hannah not coming with us, Kristin is also going to stay home, so I'll be traveling alone. I've decided to turn this into a bigger trip in which I will visit my parents (my mother is in late stages of Alzheimer's), my brother Eric and his wife and son, my daughter Naomi whom many of you know, my son Mercer and his wife, and friends, including one from these digital hallways who can't make it to the retreat.

I've already arranged for a rental car and will be picking it up on Thursday, February 10. Some of the trip is set in stone; other things are still floating as to when they'll be happening. I'll be spending Friday afternoon with Naomi in Starkville MS and having dinner with Mercer and Hannah in Columbus MS Friday evening. Sometime early the next week I'll be in Rock Hill with my parents and brother. Probably in Toccoa GA Thursday night, February 17. And the retreat Friday through Sunday, February 18-20.

The rest is flexible, and I don't carry much luggage (how much room can a week's worth of clothes, a toiletry bag and mushrooms take up, right?), so if there is anyone out there in the general arc from Texas to South Carolina to Alabama and back to Texas (and that can deviate to anywhere from southern Oklahoma, Arkansas Tennessee and North Carolina to Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana) who wants to attend the retreat but doesn't have a ride -- or even someone who's already signed up to attend but can imagine the value in the two of us sharing the experience and having each other's brains to intensively pick -- please reach out to me here or in a private message, because I'd love the company. The rental car won't be due back until Tuesday, February 22, so I can take you back home as well.

Hello everyone! Waiting for a couple things to fall into place but still hoping to attend. Have a question though, mainly for the families with kids that have been before. How feasible is it going to be showing up with 4 kids under 10? Since there is no child care I don’t mind sitting in the back and entertaining them while listening, but I’m not sure if the venue is conducive to that.

@Shiloh.F, I messaged you regarding the kids.

It is less than a week away from the Winter Retreat! The response has been great and we are feeling very blessed to have everyone come. Praying the Lord speaks to each heart attending in a special way. Don't forget your warm beach attire! (Be sure to check the weather before packing) We are looking forward to filling a meeting room with the people of God once again. We give him all the Glory!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding retreat. Blessings!

Back