• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Let's make some pro PATRIARCHY memes!!

We had two boys before a girl...then four more boys in a row! Our two youngest (so far) are girls and they are such a different world! I hope y'all get some of each kind before you're done. One cannot replace the other no matter what delusional people in this mixed up world say.
After four boys, we now have a girl. It’s amazing to me how different each of the boys were from the others, even from birth. But now, with a baby girl, she is totally different from any of them! Children are truly a blessing from the Lord!

I don't go to a church, and therefore I am not part of any groups, most of my talking happens with friends, or friends of friends, and I don't have many of those, only one of them is accepting of poly, and he's a guy, so no real surprise there.
I'm not going to discount the local girls altogether, but I start thinking maybe it would be a good idea to look outside of my little pond. I don't think the biological clock is really in my favor, that said "with God all things are possible."
You don’t have a clock, man! Women have a clock. Your 20’s are the time for you to build and invest and get ready for marriage, then when you’re in your 30’s, marry a 20 year old. What men have to offer is love, provision, and protection. Those things grow with time. What women have to offer is love, companionship, and themselves. Women can offer those things as soon as they are adults.

You don’t have a clock, man! Women have a clock. Your 20’s are the time for you to build and invest and get ready for marriage, then when you’re in your 30’s, marry a 20 year old. What men have to offer is love, provision, and protection. Those things grow with time. What women have to offer is love, companionship, and themselves. Women can offer those things as soon as they are adults.
Well yeah, I know I don't have a clock. I guess I was thinking their biological clock isn't in my favor, atleast for finding someone my age, or there abouts before a lot of child bearing years are gone. I know that it isn't important to marry close in age, but honestly the thought of being single until I'm 30 doesn't sit well with me, and the older people are before getting married, the more likely they are to have been around the block a few time, especially with the lack of morals in this day and age (as a general rule).

Women generally prefer to marry someone 1-5 years older than them. There is zero benefit to a man to wait until his 30's to marry. This isn't the 50's anymore, women don't value men who have "built and invest and gotten ready for marriage". Women in this society don't need provision, barely want protection and all too often marry men they don't love all that much compared to those they slept around with. You know who wants to marry 30 somes? Mostly other 30somes.

The best time to find a 20some to marry (which you should), is when they are around and available. And it'll never get any better than when you're in your 20s.

I'm not going to tell young men to spend their 20's sexless, nor tell them 'live life a little' while conveniently ignoring they're sleeping around. Get married young. Waiting only makes it harder to find a wife. Waiting absolutely does not make it easier. And it's hard enough as it is today.

Women generally prefer to marry someone 1-5 years older than them. There is zero benefit to a man to wait until his 30's to marry. This isn't the 50's anymore, women don't value men who have "built and invest and gotten ready for marriage". Women in this society don't need provision, barely want protection and all too often marry men they don't love all that much compared to those they slept around with. You know who wants to marry 30 somes? Mostly other 30somes.

The best time to find a 20some to marry (which you should), is when they are around and available. And it'll never get any better than when you're in your 20s.

I'm not going to tell young men to spend their 20's sexless, nor tell them 'live life a little' while conveniently ignoring they're sleeping around. Get married young. Waiting only makes it harder to find a wife. Waiting absolutely does not make it easier. And it's hard enough as it is today.

I’m not suggesting that he “live a little” nor am I saying he shouldn’t marry now. What I’m saying @AmbassadorforChrist is don’t stress about it and don’t rush just because you feel like your clock is ticking. If you have a good woman right now who wants to get married, than do it! But if that’s not the case, then don’t stress about it. I know that seems like ‘oh that’s easy for you to say’, but I wish as a young man I hadn’t been in a rush to marry. It would have saved me a ton of heartache and grief. At the age of 27, after going through the hell of living with and then being divorced by a heartless adulterous woman, God brought an amazing 21 year old lady into my life. I have often wished I had just waited till i was 27 or 30 or whenever, and met her, to get married. Not saying you should be a monk, I’m just saying use this time to build and be content with where God has you. Make the most of it, and God will, in his time bring the right woman... or women, along.
And that’s kind of where i am now. I would like a second lady, but I’m not desperately trying to find one, I’m building and working on improving my family’s lives and building a place of refuge from the storm that is coming. I’ve had time to rebuild and invest and it will make it that much better if/when God brings another lady into our lives. Nothing wrong with looking! Just look with confidence that God will bring her into focus when the time is right.

The right woman will be looking for a man with some maturity, a patriarch if you will. The average woman will never do, so don’t be concerned about how the average women are this or that nowadays.

@Asforme&myhouse I'm certainly not saying marry rashly or an unsuitable woman. But "don’t rush just because you feel like your clock is ticking." is not the same as saying "Your 20’s are the time for you to build and invest and get ready for marriage, then when you’re in your 30’s, marry a 20 year old." I think @AmbassadorforChrist very wisely got the estimation of the situation correct; the clock is ticking.

The right woman will be looking for a man with some maturity, a patriarch if you will. The average woman will never do, so don’t be concerned about how the average women are this or that nowadays.

There are no unicorns left, sorry. Most Christians only have the option of an average woman; that's the statistical reality. Nor have I been impressed with the cream of the crop as compared to their grandparents and great-grandparents generation.

@Asforme&myhouse I'm certainly not saying marry rashly or an unsuitable woman. But "don’t rush just because you feel like your clock is ticking." is not the same as saying "Your 20’s are the time for you to build and invest and get ready for marriage, then when you’re in your 30’s, marry a 20 year old." I think @AmbassadorforChrist very wisely got the estimation of the situation correct; the clock is ticking.

There are no unicorns left, sorry. Most Christians only have the option of an average woman; that's the statistical reality. Nor have I been impressed with the cream of the crop as compared to their grandparents and great-grandparents generation.

Is Eeyore your spirit animal? Good grief man! :confused:

I don't go to a church, and therefore I am not part of any groups, most of my talking happens with friends, or friends of friends, and I don't have many of those, only one of them is accepting of poly, and he's a guy, so no real surprise there.
I'm not going to discount the local girls altogether, but I start thinking maybe it would be a good idea to look outside of my little pond. I don't think the biological clock is really in my favor, that said "with God all things are possible."
Just fix the bolded bits. You don't have to be overtly looking for a woman, trust God. But it can't hurt to give Him more opportunities to let you meet her. God could find a wife for any hermit but it would put him to a bit of work. I met my wife at a local church youth group - I didn't agree with all the church's theology, but I attended the youth group for fun and fellowship, and met a wife in the declining years of my attendance when I was a bit old for it but popped back in occasionally to say hi. Just get out into the world and meet more people, let God do the rest. Maybe that means joining a club, developing a hobby that involves meeting people - or even moving to a different town for a bit and getting experience in a different job that you can eventually bring back to the family business if you are so inclined (I learnt a lot of new farming skills by working for farmers other than my father). Just get out into the world.

Is Eeyore your spirit animal? Good grief man! :confused:
No kidding! With over 7 billion people on the planet. it is rather rash to say that the right kind of woman is a unicorn. My old trombone buddy just married a Vietnamese woman not too long ago, and I think he has at least 20 years on her! My wife and I have friends, and the hubby is 17 years older than his wife, and I think they are on 10 years of marriage.

Just fix the bolded bits. You don't have to be overtly looking for a woman, trust God. But it can't hurt to give Him more opportunities to let you meet her. God could find a wife for any hermit but it would put him to a bit of work. I met my wife at a local church youth group - I didn't agree with all the church's theology, but I attended the youth group for fun and fellowship, and met a wife in the declining years of my attendance when I was a bit old for it but popped back in occasionally to say hi. Just get out into the world and meet more people, let God do the rest. Maybe that means joining a club, developing a hobby that involves meeting people - or even moving to a different town for a bit and getting experience in a different job that you can eventually bring back to the family business if you are so inclined (I learnt a lot of new farming skills by working for farmers other than my father). Just get out into the world.
Exactly! The moment you walk into the single's group at a local church, you will be instantly popular with the ladies. It will be like Isaiah 4:1! Go have lunch with the singles, after church, and find a seat where all the women are at! When I was single, I used to be afraid, irrationally, I might add, that if the woman that I desired at the moment, saw me chatting it up with other women, that she might think that I am a playa, and not at all serious about marriage. Be that guy, that all the other guys are making fun of, because he has all these women aroung him. Then, jokingly throw out a casual remark that you would like to marry all of the women you are enjoying your conversation with. See how that turns out, and report back to us!

Hate to say but just as much as there are no unicorns left with the ladies most of the guys are not much themselves. If there is a unicorn out there who is single, never married, a virgin, attractive, Christian, and open to poly then she deserves a man who deserves her in return.

Just being honest but I was never a unicorn. I was a hot mess!

Hate to say but just as much as there are no unicorns left with the ladies most of the guys are not much themselves. If there is a unicorn out there who is single, never married, a virgin, attractive, Christian, and open to poly then she deserves a man who deserves her in return.

Just being honest but I was never a unicorn. I was a hot mess!

This is true. Men in our nation have in large part been stripped of their masculinity.

There is nothing feminine about feminism

nothingfeminineaboutfeminism2.jpg nothingfeminineaboutfeminism1.jpg

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to use @MeganC 's phrase. I had similar ideas immediately!

Back